Chapter 7

A loud bang was heard from the gun and I realized Zero pulled the trigger. I almost let out a scream but I stopped myself and kept both hands over my mouth almost in tears. I blinked and saw that Yuki moved the gun away in time.
"You can't shoot him idiot!" Hanabusa covered his head in fear for his life. Akatsuki just sighed and Kaname started walking towards them.
"That bloody rose. Will you put that away it is very threatening towards us."
"Kaname I-I!" Yuki babbled.
"I'll escort these fools to the headmaster myself to receive their punishment." He grabbed onto Hanabusa's collar.
"D-dorm president Kuran..." Hanabusa spoke nervously.
"Is that alright... Zero?"
"Just get them out of here... Kaname."
"Akatsuki because you did nothing to stop Aido, you are guilty too." Akatsuki looked defeated and just sighed in response. "Now then. For the three onlookers..."
"Wait but Kaname there are only two other girls! They are right here passed out." He shook his head no. Wait he couldn't mean me! Damn!
"We will erase these two girls memories and as for the other..." He said looking in my direction. I stood up nervously knowing that I have been caught.
"You are not erasing my memory." I stated not letting my voice quiver in the slightest. Everyone looked shocked to see me Hanabusa and Aasuki only looked at the ground. However my attention was strictly on Kaname determined to convince him to let me keep my memories.
"Well I suppose you would only find out again putting us yet again in a position that would require of us to erase your memory. Plus you would've found out sooner or later since you do live with us."
"Us meaning all of the night class are vampires?" I asked timidly.
"That is the true reason why the night class was created in the first place."
"Wait then why am I in it? I'm not a v-vampire." That word was barely able to escape my lips.
"No you are not a vampire. The headmaster was testing us to see if we could live peacefully with humans."
"So I'm just part of an experiment with out my knowledge  that could've gotten me killed."
"Pretty much..." Zero cut in glaring at Kaname. "Told you that they were monsters (y/n)..." I stiffened. But they were all so nice. Well maybe not all. I thought as I remembered Ruka... I I-m not sure how I feel about this. I sighed.
"I'm not sure what to think about this..." I admitted.
"(Y/n)! Your not thinking of leaving Cross Academy are you?!" Yuki asked me worriedly.
"I don't want to... I was so excited to come to this school and everyone has been so nice to me. It's kinda hard to believe that they would hurt me, but... I'm a little scarred to say the least." I said as I remembered watching Yuki getting bitten by Hanabusa. "Up until now I thought that vampires were fictional but their right here in front of my very eyes. It's a little overwhelming..."
"(Y/n)..." Hanabusa called out my name softly and stared at me with sad regretful eyes. Kaname looked at me with understandment and sympathy. Then Akatsuki looked down regretfully with his hand rubbing the back of his neck.
"I promise they won't hurt you (y/n)!" Yuki suddenly said determinedly.
"I for one can second that promise." Agreed Kaname. I gave them both a small smile.
"Ok. I think I will go back to my room now. Good night."
I turned around to leave but once I walked a couple of steps Akatsuki called out to me, "Do you want us to walk you back?" I turned around and shook my head no but smiled at him.
"No it's fine thanks though."

I turned around to walk away and felt so many things that I didn't even know what to call. Sadness, anger, traumatized, scarred, upset, scared, lonely, upset, fear... My walk quickened as I got out of everyone's sight. That quick walk turned into a jog. The jog to  a run and a run into a full force sprint to the academy gates. I couldn't contain the tears I felt stinging my eyes and blurring my vision. I don't know what to do.
"What do I do... What do I do? What do I do!" Once I reached the gate I grabbed on to it clenching my hands so hard around it that they turned white.
"I mean... They haven't hurt me right? But Idoh..." The scene of Hanabusa biting Yuki's hand replayed in my mind and I was suddenly blinded by my tears. Unable to accept everything that I've just seen I can no longer stand and drop to my knees my hands still gripping onto the gate bars. "How can I trust them? I just wish they told me at least..." I need a break. With that thought I wiped off my tears and willed myself to stand up then I casually brushed the dirt off my knees. I forced myself to stop crying and walked out of the gate to the town that I drove by when I first arrived here.

The small town was a about a half a mile away and it gave me a lot of time to think about everything has happened and what I should do. Wen I had actually reached the town I realized I still had no idea what to do. The town was very quiet and the streets were almost empty except for a few people passing by me. In an attempt to try and distract myself I hummed BTS dope. Over the sound of my humming I heard my stomach growled and I suddenly realized how hungry I was. Looking around at the scarcely open shops I spot a patisserie one. I smiled to myself slightly because I love anything sweet. Walking inside I notice that I was the only customer inside and it was run by one young man around my age drying a cup with a cloth behind the counter. He had curly hair that reminded me or Ruka and eyes like Senri. Wow great choice (y/n)... Way to get your mind off things.
"Hello." I said to get his attention and he instantly looked up.
"Hello welcome! Sorry but I don't have much sweets left due to it most being closing time."
I shook my head, "No that's fine but would you mind if I just hang here until you kick me out?" I uncharacteristically ask as I am usually an introvert around strangers. The boy in front of me smiled however.
"Not at all go ahead! I would really like some company. I'm usually here each night working by myself so this will be a nice change." I gave a small smile and walked closer to him and sat at the bar at the counter him only on the other side of me. "My name's Akihiso by the way but you can just call me Aki."
"Nice to meet you Aki my name is (y/n)."
"Nice to meet you (y/n)!"

For about the next five minutes it was just silence and me looking around the room awkwardly. All of the sudden he turned around and handed me a small ice cream bowl with three small scoops of ice cream all different flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.
"Here you go!" I gave him a questioning look. "It's on the house! It seems like you could use a little cheering up." He rubbed his neck awkwardly and looked down and away as he blushed. Seeing this nice gesture I smiled up at him.
"Thank you..."