Chapter 31

"She's being released to go home later today," a soft voice spoke that woke me up. Harry had spent the night with me again for the fourth time in the past four days. He's only been home twice and I was more than thankful for him. Ric had pretty much stayed here as well. The two of them took care of me and I didn't know how I would be able to pay them back for being so kind.

"Aww Callie." I opened my eyes to see my mother sprinting in the room. She had a huge bouquet of flowers in her arm along with her ginormous purse.

"Mom?" I muttered not believing my eyes.

"Yes honey, Mom." My mother reassured me. I blinked several times and then tried to sit up in my bed and remembered Harry next to me. Well this is insanely awkward.

"Umm. What are you doing here?" I mumbled as I looked her over. She was wearing a super heavy coat for the cold weather and a long maxi-dress to the floor. Her usual attire minus the coat.

"Are you kidding?! You just got in a wreck! When Alaric called to tell me, he was so shaken up I thought you were seriously hurt babe. I wanted to be here for you!" my mom came around to sit in the chair next to my hospital bed. Harry started to move and my mother stopped him. "Are you her boyfriend? I heard her and her brother talking about you. You're the boy from England?"

"I'm Harry," Harry awkwardly smiled and stuck out his hand. We haven't really given each other the title of 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend' so that part through me off a little bit.

"You can call me Shan!" my mother shook Harry's hand excitedly. I'd never really been involved with a boy before so she was probably squealing inside. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Mom you shouldn't have come...I'm fine," I spoke my eyes stuck to the TV playing.

"Callie! You have twelve stitches in your side, and seven on your forehead! You are not fine!" she hissed.

"I heard you kicked dad out," I spoke blankly forgetting about Harry sitting on the edge of the bed and wanting the conversation to be about anyone but myself.

"You know we've had our issues," my mother whispered.

"I know...I just wish you would have told me," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry Callie."

The room got silent and I was filled with sadness. My family back home didn't feel like much of a family anymore. This town in Maine was my home now. Alaric and Alex were my family. They were the one's caring for me. They kept me going.

"Shan!" Ric yelled into the room as he came from the hallway. Alaric and my mother gave each other a hug as Harry rounded around the front of my bed to get to my side.

"I'm going to go home. Will you be ok here? If you want me to stay I'll stay. I just thought you might want to talk to your mom for a bit." Harry crouched down so we were eye level to each other.

"I'll be fine. Will you be back later?" I whispered sitting up. My mom was peering over my shoulder surely intrigued by the two of us.

"You know I will. I'll text you ok?" he gave me that famous smirk and I knew he had something up his sleeve.

"Alright," I sighed and gave him the best weary glance that I could muster up.

He winked at me and then leaned in to plant a kiss to my cheek. Being the gentleman he is, he stood up and reached out his arm towards my mom.

"It was nice meeting you Shan," Harry smiled making his dimples pop in his cheeks.

"You too, Harry," my mom glowed as she shook Harry's hand.