Chapter 39

"Callie?" Harry knocked on the bathroom door after I had finally got myself out of the shower. My reflection in the foggy mirror was horrid. My skin still drastically covered in the rude purple marks.

"Yeah?" my voice came out smaller than I had hoped.

"You alright?" he asked groggily.

"Yeah...well no."

"What's wrong? Can I do anything to help you?" he asked as he worried silently to himself. I wonder if he knew what he did to me. He is...I can't even begin to explain how angry I am at him.

"No...well actually can you get a hoodie out of my closet? I'm not feeling too well," I lied.

I mean how am I supposed to approach him about this?! Do I just go up to him and show him the purple bruises along my wrists or the hideous rude marks covering my body? What will he do after I show him? Will he laugh at me because I'm naive and I really can't handle that sexual dominant side of Harry? I want him to say he's sorry and that he would never hurt me like that again, but I now know this is part of him. He told me last night that he wasn't gentle and that I probably wouldn't love him in the morning. I should have believed him. I should have known that Harry was being serious. The marks all over me prove his points that he made.

"Yeah sure," Harry spoke after a second and I heard his footsteps travel across the hallway and into my room.

Does he know that I have these marks all over me? Does he care that I cried to myself in the shower? Does he even realize how he makes me so upset?!

"Here," he tapped on the door, his voice muffled by the wood in between us. I opened it a smidgen and stuck my hand out and quickly grabbed the sweatshirt out of his hands. The purple bruise outlining my wrist was visible for a quick second as I grabbed the thick material and brought it inside the bathroom with me. I shut the door and wondered if Harry even noticed the bruise he gave me.

"Callie..." I heard him sigh and tap on the door again.

"Yeah?" my voice came out weak.

"Harry! Did you get some good sleep, bro?" I heard my brother Stefan come from his room and out towards the hallway.

"Yeah," Harry answered him.

The two of them then started small talk and headed towards the kitchen, thankfully. I heaved a sigh of relief and pulled my hoodie on over my head. I grabbed the leggings I slept in and slipped them up my legs as well. Looking in the mirror for the last time my eyes started to water up.

Harry physically hurt me. Shit. I never thought...I never thought it would have been like this. I thought Vincent would one day lose his cool and hurt me again. Or even Harry's father if I ever ran into him again. But Harry? I thought he was the one to keep me safe. I trusted him last night... Now, I have to hide all these marks on me during our vacation and pretend that I'm sick.

"CALLIE!" my mother screamed from the kitchen. I flipped my wet hair out and made sure the mark on my neck wasn't visible. I took a deep breath and headed towards the kitchen. Harry's eyes were the first to welcome me in and I quickly looked away. Immediately the pain on his face was noticeable. I sat next to him at the table and Stefan was the first to say something about my outfit.

"You know we're in Florida, right Cal?" Stefan laughed at my choice of clothing.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling too well," I pulled at my sleeves as they covered my hands.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked in a deep, thick accent of his.

"I just...umm...my stomach is acting up."