Chapter 41

"Callie, I need to sit for a minute," Harry mumbled from behind me as we made it to the pier.

"Fine," I growled and stared out toward the ocean. My mood was shit. Why did this vacation have to start this way? Why did Harry have to have my heart? Why did Alicia have to be a complete bitch? Why were my brothers all of the sudden feeling this sort of fatherly role over me?

"Harry?" I turned on my heel as he sat down in the dry sand under the pier dock. I could see the people dining above us and I wondered if they could see how screwed up my life is just by laying eyes on me. Did I wear my emotions?

"Yeah?" he spoke cautiously, knowing all too well how torn I was at the moment.

"Do you know where we should go?" I folded my arms over my chest and let the insecurity show in my voice.

"You should go home," he reached out to me and I let the tears break away down my cheeks. I fell into his side as he continued to talk and rub his thumb through my mangy beach hair. "I'll get a cab to the airport and go home. This is your family. Stefan was right, I've caused too many problems here."

I frantically looked up at him, now on my knees beside him. His hand that was in my hair went to my thighs and rested there. My brown eyes searched his solemn face and I wanted to cry even more. He probably wanted to finish us now. He was just that kind of person. When things got too tough, he didn't want to deal with them anymore.

"No, no," I grabbed his elbow.

"Callie," Harry warned me.

"No stop! Harry we can't let my brothers do that to us. You've been here for me more than they have been in my entire life. I don't want to spend time with them! I want to spend time with you! Please, let's keep doing this. We can get a cheap hotel or something until we have to leave in a couple days. Come on," I begged.

"Callie, it's not that easy..." he shook his head and reached his fingers up to his lips. He massaged the skin on them and the scab where Mike had split his lip, was now bleeding again.

"It can be," I reached for my hoodie and dabbed it on his bloody lip, cleaning him up. "I can pay for it. Listen, all I want to do is spend time with you. No matter how mad you make me at times, I've also never had someone make me so happy."

He gave me a shy smile that I really loved and I leaned in and kissed his bloody lips. I didn't care about the blood or the taste. All I wanted was to have him be mine. And he was.

He played with my hair as I sat on his lap. He was grinning and running his eyes over all the marks he could see. I couldn't quite tell how bad he was beating himself up. I mean, I was pissed that he made them on me, but at the end of the day it proved that I was his and his alone. No one else would try to claim me, because Harry already put his mark on me.

"Alright," he huffed and I squealed and gave him a kiss on the tip of his nose.

"I know a place that isn't too much. It's a few towns over, but then we won't have to worry about running into my family or Alicia and her friends," I stood up and dusted some of the sand off my legs.

"Callie," Harry chuckled. "Breathe." He stood up and grabbed my shoulders.

"What?" I was puzzled.

"Just look around. We can go find a place to stay later. But now look where we are. We're at the beach together and you're worried about silly things," he smirked. "I don't know about you, but I want to get in the water. I'm sweating my balls off." He turned around and headed to the water. His back was covered with my very own mark. Red scratches covered his muscular back, coating the skin in small little scabs.