; 7 + arabella

"so she just left?"

"yeah, she told me she wasn't meant to be a mum, and that she wasn't ready. she didn't even hold her, only when she had to feed her. it hurt so much seeing the other half of your child, not want their own kid. it was basically just me once she was born." calum mumbled, tears silently rolling down his cheeks, he kissed the top of arabella's head, whispering he loved her into her hair.

"oh my god, calum. i'm sorry if i put you into a bad situation." michael sends calum a guilt filled expression, calum sends michael back a small sad smile.

"it's okay, things happen, i just wish not how it happened for us." calum tells michael. both calum and michael being confused onto why they're both being so open towards one another. they're both usually so closed off, it was weird.

"how old were you when she was born? nineteen?" michael asks, his green eyes big of curiosity.

calum laughs, "i was seventeen."

"what?! dude, you look way older!" michael explains, his cheeks red of embarrassment.

"it's okay, having a kid does that to you." calum says, looking down at his feet, shifting arabella around his lap, so she could be more comfortable as she was almost sliding off his legs, the position might've been uncomfortable for him, but what mattered was that she was comfortable, which he hoped she was.

"so you're nineteen? shit." michael says, still shocked.

"yeah, while lia was pregnant, i was sixteen, and arabella was born two days after my birthday actually, so I was already seventeen when she was born. how old are you?" calum explains, michael nodding along to what calum was telling him. (a/n; i know i haven't mentioned it, but lia is arabellas mom)

"i'm twenty-one actually." michael says, calum nodding.

"that's coo-" calum got cut off by arabella waking up again, making him groan silently, as he stood up from his seat on the couch, giving michael an apologetic smile, making michael wave him off, letting him do his thing.

calum cradles arabella like a baby, rocking her back and forth, hoping she'd fall asleep for the second time tonight. he glances at the clock noticing it's thirty minutes past one in the morning. arabella continues to cry into calum's chest, calum shhing her in hopes to calm her, but failing.

"uh- can i try?" michael asks shyly, looking at calum with big doe eyes, the green looking lighter than when he first looked into them, making them look a minty green.

calum looks hesitantly between the crying toddler and the pink haired boy, a little skeptical, calum handing his daughter off to michael. michael begins to do what he's seen calum do to calm her, he begins to rock her side to side, before letting his voice go into place.

arabella's got some interstellagator skin boots, and a helter skelter around her little finger and i ride it endlessly.

she's got a barbarella silver swimsuit,
and when she needs a shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams.

my days end best when this sunset gets itself, behind that little lady sitting on the passenger side.

it's much less picturesque without her catching the light.

the horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes.

as arabella, oh
as arabella

just might have tapped into your mind and soul, you can't be sure.

arabella's got a 70s head, but she's a modern lover.

it's an exploration, she's made of outer space, and her lips are like the galaxy's edge, and a kiss the colour of a constellation falling into place.

my days end best when this sunset gets itself. behind that little lady sitting on the passenger side.

it's much less picturesque without her catching the light, the horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes.

as arabella, oh
as arabella

just might have tapped into your mind and soul, you can't be sure.

and just with michael's soothing voice, arabella almost immediately falls asleep. it almost brings tears to calum's eyes.

"i know it's not the most appropriate song, therefore i didn't sing the last lyrics, but hey she fell asleep." michael says shyly, handing a sleeping arabella to calum, scared to admit he liked holding the toddler.

"it's 110% okay, i sing her that song all the time, it's her favorite, because it say her name. my mum might yell at me for singing her the song, but if it makes her happy, then i'll sing it to her all she wants." calum tells michael, placing arabella onto the couch, lying her down on her tummy, so she can sleep more comfortably.

"is that where her name came from?" michael asks, calum nodding.

"actually yeah, the arctic monkeys have always been my favorite band, and lia told me to give my daughter a name, so i did. took me while, i tried to get lia to help the least bit, but," calum laughs dryly, wiping the tears from his eyes. "she didn't want too, so, fuck i hate how i get so emotional talking about ara and lia at the same time." calum says, avoiding michael's eyes as he wipes his years with his sweater.

"anyways, so i was randomly listening to the arctic monkeys, while placing my hand on lia's seven month old baby bump, when the verse, as arabella, oh, as arabella came on, and each time they sang it, she kept kicking at my hand, it was the best thing ever, that's how i knew, she was meant to be an arabella." calum says, smiling. michael smiles as well, finding the story beautiful, yet meaningful.

calum loved how in a matter of hours, he'd already consider michael a friend, loving how he listens and can keep a conversation going, and michael loved how calum had a daughter who he cares for so much, making his heart warm and how he could keep him entertained. and that's how both boys knew the had to keep each other in their lives.

___________________

malum af chapter hope y'all enjoy it 💜💜 it's 1 in the morning and i have to wake up for school in like 5 hours fuck my life ): i can't fall asleep ))): give feedback pls !!!