Run, and run fast

They had swam all morning, and when Clary had gotten out, she found that her fingers and toes were pruny. But now, they all sat in the kitchen area of the beach house, enjoying breakfast, or in Clary's case a big, warm, cup of coffee. "Biscuit, you should really eat something," Magnus said, as he picked at his bowl of cereal. Clary tried to raise an eyebrow at him, but failed horribly, and both of them were raised-all or nothing, right?-Magnus laughed, and Clary glared at him. "I am eating something, you glittery idiot," Clary said, taking a big mouth full of coffee. "Coffee does not count as a food group, Clarissa," Magnus said, and Clary gave him an I-don't-care look. He gave up, and it was Isabelle's turn to nag her. Great. "Clary, if you don't eat I won't bring you shopping with me," Isabelle threatened.

Clary gasped. "Not the shopping," Clary said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at Isabelle. Clary was glad that Alec and Jace were invested in their own conversation, otherwise she'd have to listen to Alec's parental rant on why she needed to eat. "Clarissa Adele Fairchild," Isabelle began, her tone threatening. "If you don't eat something on your own, I will not restrain myself from shoving food down your throat with a spoon, got it?" Isabelle asked, cocking her head to the side, a sweet smile on her face. Clary stood up, and put her empty coffee mug in the sink, walking away from Isabelle and her threats. "Not hungry," Clary said to Isabelle over her shoulder, giving her a small, teasing wink as she walked upstairs. She could only imagine the steam coming out of Isabelle's ears, as she heard Magnus laughing.

-*#*-

Clary dressed herself that morning-thankfully. She put on a pair of dark-wash cut-off's-apparently she owned a lot of cut-off's-and a loose, black and white-stripped shirt. Over a bikini, of course; just in case Isabelle decided to rip her shirt off again, or she wanted to go swimming. Clary pulled on her green sneakers, as a final touch. She decided to not do anything with her mass of red curls, just to anger Isabelle. She smirked to herself. You are awful, Clarissa Fairchild, she thought to herself.

She walked back down stairs, where Isabelle and Magnus were having what looked like an intense glare-off. "Hey, Iz," Clary waved. "You ready to go?" Isabelle smiled at her. "I'm rubbing off on you! Well, kind of, but still-that's better than not at all," Isabelle dumped her bowl into the sink. "Alec! You're on dishes duty!" She shouted over her shoulder. Alec groaned in response.

Magnus followed Isabelle, and Clary looked at him in question. He laughed and pointed to Alec and Jace. "You honestly expect me to spend my day with Alec and Goldie-Locks when shopping is an option?" Magnus laughed. "Hey!" Alec said, and Magnus turned to him. "Sorry, darling, but you know you're, friend," he looked disgustedly at Jace. "Is not much fun," and with that, Magnus followed the girls out the front door. "I disagree very much," Satan's offspring replied smoothly. Magnus scoffed. "Prove it," Magnus said. Jace got to his feet. "Fine," Magnus grinned evilly.

"You have to let us do your makeup," Magnus decides after a moment of thinking. The look of pure terror on Jace's terror as we approached him in sync was priceless. He stood his ground though, and shrugged. "That's not fun," he pointed out. "Maybe not for you," Magnus said. "But for us its like a goldmine of fun," Jace had thought he'd weaseled his way out of this one, but nope.

-*#*-

No matter how much Clary hated the guy, she had to admit, he was no wimp. But you should be when it comes to this equation; Isabelle+Magnus+fashion+glitter+makeup=bad things. Very bad things, just ask Jace.

He looked in the mirror at his reflection. He had his hair gelled up in spikes, that had a terrifying amount of glitter in it-maybe more than Magnus used in his own hair-and his cheeks were red, and bright. He had bright blue eye shadow on his eyes, and it looked tacky and ridiculous. On his lips, was some perfectly-applied red lipstick. Clary shivered. She was never using that same tube of lipstick again. "Iz, I hope you know that I will never let you use that lipstick on me. Ever again," Clary pointed out, as Isabelle tied a hot pink, feather boa around Jace's neck, and Clary couldn't help but wonder why Isabelle had brought a feather boa with her.