Chapter 3

I flip the page of the newspaper I was reading  and take a sip of my coffee, the nobel man I had kill two days ago was still in the front page of every newspaper. Aparently they still hadn't had any clue of who the killer might be but they had footage of a mysterious woman leaving the party a few minutes before the estimated time of death but noone new her identity.

I smile at that. Of course they coudn't identify her, I had given a fake name and taken a rental car, that I had payed in cash, to the party so I didn't leave any possible way for them to track me.

The chair in front of me was pulled back and Dylan sat in it. His arrival was of no surprise to me, I had seen him approching me the minute he step foot in the cafe. But apparently he didn't came alone.

"You should invite Michael to sit at our table. I'm sure it's much more confortable than the bench in the counter." I said to Dylan

"Perspective as always Katerina" he said making a hand signal to Michael so that he would approach us. He saw the signal and soon after we were all sitting at the table.

"I see you made the front news again" Dylan comment

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said sweetly "But we din't came here to talk about who's in the front page of a newspaper. We came here to talk about business...so talk." I said going straight to business.

Dylan pick up his briefcase and retrieve a file from it giving it to me.

"All the information you need about your target is in here" Dylan informed me "but know this, once you open that file there is no going back. You will go forward with this assignment, if you refused you will be put down."

I couldn't help it, I laughed.

"I'm not a dog to be put down Dylan" I said calmly "If I decide not to take this assignment and you go after me than you'll find I bite much harder than any of your dogs."

I can see him getting nervous but he still  gave me a nervous smile

"I have no doubt you do so Katerina but I think you will not refuse this assignment in fact...I think you will thank me." he continued saying

Well now he had me curious. Not taking any more seconds I open the file and freeze. In the file there was a picture of my target but I don't have to read his name to know who he is.

Trevor McAllister.

"You're bosses must have a death wich" was the only thing I said. I knew who Trevor McAllister was, too well unfortenatly. He was no other than my trainer and teacher. He made me the person I am today...and I hated him with every fiber of my body.

"They understand the risk you will be taking but you are the only one who can get close enough to do the job." Dylan pronounced "Besides you will not go alone."

What he said caught my attencion and drew me from Trevor's file.

"Michael will be going with you on this mission." he informed me

"I work alone." I said immediatly "No offense" I say to Michael

He said nothing just stared at me with his blue eyes that felt as if they could see right through me.

"You will on this one. It's not negociable." Dylan said "You know what Trevor does to those girls. You more than anyone else should be happy to get this assignment."

He was right about one thing. I did know what Trevor did to those girls, I had been one of those girls. But he was wrong in thinking I would be happy to get this assignment. I left Trevor the moment I was old enough to leave without never looking back...and now he was asking me to go back to the place I had sworn never to go back to.