The Art Of Manipulation

|| The Art Of Manipulation ||

"As Ptolemy thought, we are all closer to Hell than we are to Heaven. If you push any man hard enough they can fall right back into the abyss from which they came." ~ Loki, The God of Mischief in The Art of Manipulation

~*~

They were perfect for each other. She was light, he was darkness. She was pure, he was plagued. He was a ghost, and she was an angel. They had balanced each other like no other couple could. They calmed each other, soothed each other. They came together like Heaven and Hell, joined at the horizon by their love for music. He gave her his music and she gave him her voice. Their love was perfection in every sense of the word.

They were also ignorant. Or at least...he...was ignorant. Ignorant to the fact that there was another being who loved him, too.

I had loved him, that masked man. I had known him when all he was was a voice to her; her Angel of Music. I was his companion and he was my dream. A dream that would never be mine. A dream that I would long for for centuries.

And now that I had a second chance, a second chance at the love I most desperately desired, I had to make a choice.

Do I let things be, allow the Phantom's story to unravel the way it had the first time? Do I endure watching the man I love marry the woman who was so perfect for him again? The woman who was the dazzling soprano Christine Daaé?

Or do I take him as my own?