Author's Note and Disclaimer

Hello lovely reader!

So this is a story I've been working on for the past half a year. I got the idea for it while I was writing my other story, The Angel's Shadow, and went about writing it as fast as I could.

Because of how complex it gets I actually had many bouts of writer's block, and contemplated giving up on it many times. But...after meeting James Barbour and having him recognize Loki on my phone case, I realized it was fate having the Phantom acknowledge Loki. So I plowed through it!

Now, for The Art of Manipulation, some of the scenes may not go exactly as they do in either the book, stage production, or movie. I tried mixing all of the different versions into one (which was extremely difficult) while also adding some of my own versions of the scenes.

Also, I made a lot of references to The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux and Phantom by Susan Kay, so you may get more out of this story of you've read those books.

One last thing, this story contains a series of chapters that are flashbacks. The chapters that have dashes in them and are in italics like this:

-Chapter Title-

are the chapters that are flashbacks. Just to make sure there isn't any confusion, I'll also let you know when a chapter is a flashback.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Phantom of the Opera or any of the characters from the story. I do not own Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's music. I do not own Phantom by Susan Kay. I also do not own the Marvel characters. The character that I do own is Alouette, the Goddess of Music.

I hope you all enjoy this story! And thanks for reading this and my other Phantom phanfics (if you have read those as well ;))

"...the reader and I will now be able to relive those hours of terror and pure love in all their details." ~ G.L.