Chapter 2

Aphmau's POV

Every time. Every. Single. Time. I walk past the plaza I earn a glare from the Crazy Cat Lady, which makes sense because of my dogs, but her daughter married a werewolf so she can't have anything against me. She also doesn't know Logan is a werewolf, but that's besides the point.

I've also noticed that Danni has been following me around a lot. She seems especially attached to me, and I don't know what to do. But one time, I was walking through the guard tower, bringing the guys lunch, and they were training. Garroth vs Laurance, Dante vs Sky. Dante knocked the sword out of Sky's hand and it flew towards me, so Danni whipped out her iron sword (they all carry swords now), and knocked it out of the way, telling Sky to be careful. I think Garroth likes these dolls, because first of all, they're adorable and that's not up for debate, secondly, they are great fighters and are willing to help in battle if it were to come to that, and last but not least, they have all saved a life at some point or another. Danni saved by life from Sky's sword, Sky saved Levin from falling  down the ladder in the tower when  he came with me to visit Garroth, and Pearl saved Kawaii~Chan from getting kicked by Midnight and Angel's little baby  horse, Starlight when she and Kiki tried to train her. Starlight is black with white spots, like stars in the sky, hence her name.

Danni has been following me for a while, and I really don't know what to do. She wants to come live with me, and she camps outside my house overnight if I don't take her to Kawaii~Chan. She thinks Danni feels like a protectress over me, and I think they all feel like protectresses over everybody, not just me. Although I really don't know for sure.

Laurance and Nicole are still take turns caring for little Iris, who has also become a great fighter, even though we probably still won't let her fight in a real battle. I guess that's just the impact of being raised by guards. She plays with Malachi and Levin a lot, but lately she has been sick and we don't know what to do. Donna is the greatest doctor in town, but, we can't figure out exactly what's wrong. We even had Lucinda look at her, and she says its nothing magical or anything, so that's good. 

Deciding that I needed a break from the drama of the town, I went for a walk in the forest, after telling Zoey where I was going, despite the fact that Garroth asked me not to. Even though I can be attacked anytime, no one tells me what to do. I have never been known for my genius decisions to go on a walk to a place where nobody can hear my screams without a guard when I am in a war where I can be attacked anytime. Nobody has ever credited that genius idea. Ever. 

I walk out to Tsumetai Kokoro lake, and can't bring myself to look at it. This is where I almost drowned. This is where I went looking for Malachi, this is where I cried, on that awful night, before Zane captured me. It's name translates to Cold Heart Lake. I think the name is perfect for it. Bad things happen here. And yet it looks like it would be the place where fairies would live, where it would be full of magic. 

It's like the legend of Adara. She was a beauty, and all the men wanted to marry her. She refused them all, until the son of the king came to her. She gladly accepted the prince's marriage proposal, planning to murder the king and queen after they wedding, so she could become queen, and then kill the prince, to be the only one in power. The prince fell in love with her, and she claimed to be in love with him, but she only wanted him for his power. After the wedding, Adara snuck in the king and queen's bedroom after dark, with a sword she stole from the royal armoury, planning to kill them. The queen woke up and screamed, which woke up the prince, who came into the room to catch his wife trying to murder his parents. Broken hearted that he was so blind to see that Adara was not what she seemed, he tried to stop her. Adara killed the prince, and was banished from the kingdom, leaving the king and queen in distress from the loss of their son. 

Anyway, I don't know if it's true, but the whole point is, Adara wasn't as nice on the inside as she was on the outside, like this lake. 

Not wanting to be here any longer, I moved past the lake, to head into the forest. Befor I got very far past the lake, I heard something moving in the tall grass. I stopped, and looked around. This war with O'khasis has got me on my toes. After a minute, I decided to keep walking. I shrieked when before I felt a sharp pain, all the way up my right leg. I tried to look and see what was hurting me so bad, but I blacked out and fell to the ground.

A/N-- Heyy!! Do you like my legend writing? I was going to swap out the legend for a Taylor Swift reference, but I have one in a lot of my books, so I was trying not to do that again. Also, this is either a complete coincidence, or Aphmau planned this out, but Lady Irene is known for taking down the monarchy and stopping wars between the villages and stuff like that, and the name Irene means peace, which is totally what she was creating. I don't know, I just found that fact cool. Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you later. Bye! :D

~Ninja