Chapter 7

Aphmau's POV

Everyone in the village is taking the day off today. I think we're all exhausted from the battle, and I think we all deserve some rest. Even though we won in the end, it was a hard battle, and there was only three people there who had actual guard training. Garroth, Dale, and Nicole.

-----Three Days Later-----

Garroth is taking me out today. Well, tonight. We want to go to a play in Chocolate Village. They are doing the classic Romeo And Juliet, and Garroth just really wanted to take me, so I agreed. It doesn't start until 7:00 pm though, and it' about 12:30 here. 

Kawaii~Chan asked me to help deliver lunches to the guards, so I am taking lunch to Laurance, and Garroth who are in the tower, and Kawaii~Chan is taking lunch to Dante, who is by the housing area, Brian, who is by the wheat fields, and Nicole, who is in the plaza. 

I found Garroth organizing the weapons and armour, so I gave him his lunch, and he said Laurance was using the telescope upstairs. I climbed up the ladder, to find Laurance, looking through the telescope, into the plaza, more specifically, at Lucinda, who was chatting with Nicole.

"Wow, those shorts are so...short..." He mumbled to himself, not realizing that I was there.

"Laurance..." I laughed. "I thought you were in love with me!"

He jumped into the air, then turned to a rather embarrassing shade of red. "Aphmau! I-Uh-I didn't see you there!"

"I know you're a guard and you're supposed to keep watch over everybody, but you're enjoying your duties a little too much." 

"W-What?! No! I was just patrolling the plaza! I am a man of honour!"

"Define man..."Garroth said from behind me, I didn't even realize that he had come up. I burst out laughing. This was too priceless. I never thought that we would catch Laurance at an embarrassing moment. Usually its the opposite, where Laurance catches us at the worst moments.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

-----A Few Hours Later-----   

I was in a lilac tank top and dark blue skirt. Garroth told me to dress casual, so I did. Simple, yet amazingly cute. I also had a pair of dark purple flip-flops, and my hair was in a sideways french braid.

We boarded the boat, and off we sailed to the neapolitan villages. Once we had arrived in the chocolate village, we found our way to the make-shift theatre, and sat down. We got the perfect spot, where we could still hear what was going on, but we didn't have to look up constantly to see what was happening. They actors were great, despite the freezing wind that was blown constantly.

I shivered. Garroth grabbed my hand and wrapped me in a hug. That made me feel warm, and loved. Garroth has recently been very close to me, and protective, but I think that after joining in combat three days ago has taught him that I am still an independent woman.

We went to dinner, which was actually really good. And for one night, we were able to forget about Zane, and O'khasis, and the war. We were able to live life, like normal people, not like people who were being hunted alive by one of the most powerful villages. Because that life isn't fun, believe me.

"Hey, Aphmau, I-" Garroth began, though he was interrupted by a loud rumble of thunder, followed by a flash of light. I looked at him.

"We should find a hotel, I don't think we should head back if there's a storm coming..." He said. I nodded. We should find a place to stay before it actually starts raining. We thanked the waiter, and left the restaurant, taking directions from nearby pedestrians, and we made out way to the nearest inn.

"AAAH!" I shrieked. We hadn't made it in time to not be rained on, so we were both dripping and freezing.

We checked in, and found our room. I immediately went and dried off as much as possible, and pulled the blanket off of my bed and sat down on the edge, looking out the window trying to get warmed up.Garroth came and sat beside me. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped me in another one of his warm hugs. And we fell asleep like that.

The next day, we both woke up, and laughed. 

"We had two beds and we chose to sit on the edge of one all night!" I exclaimed.

We headed downstairs and went into the kitchen. After a quick meal of a muffin and some orange juice, we ran to catch the next boat home.

A/N-- Hai! Do you know how hard it was to write this chapter in a way so it didn't sound weird? It was pretty difficult.

But NOOOOO!!!! School starts on Tuesday! Like, we get five days of school, and two days of weekend. We get ten months of school, and two months of summer? Who decided that this was a good idea?! C'mon, like school and summer need to switch places. Please!

But, anyway, todays question is:

What would you do to get out of going to school?

Fake a sickness? Fake an injury? Fake a death? Fake an anything?

I don't know. But, moving on, I am super excited, I get to go to Cornfest tomorrow!! Cornfest is basically the harvest celebration. It has rides, games, and I get to go there with my bestie that I haven't seen all summer! I'm so excited!

Anywho, I hope you liked the chapter and I will see you later, Byee!!

~Ninja