Chapter 10

Aphmau's POV

I woke up in a blue room. I couldn't see anything but a sky blue, and I already knew something was off. I couldn't move my head, and I was in tremendous pain. My whole body ached, from head to toe, and I was stuck, staring into the blue. I know now, that I heard screaming, and fighting, but this didn't register in my brain at the time.
In the blue, I saw other colours too. I saw white, the colour of life, and yellow, which was happiness. What I saw next made my stomach drop. I saw black. Death, and and I saw a deeper shade of blue, representing sadness and depression. The blue got darker, and darker until it was almost black. Then I saw a set of images. The first on was me, alone in the forest, before I came to Phoenix Drop. Then I saw a before and after of Phoenix Drop. I realized how much had changed since I got there. Before it was a little town, where four girls would stay in one hut together, called the Babe House. I remember that house. The last image I saw, was of Garroth. He had a terrified and shocked look on his face, like something bad had happened. I tried to call out, but I couldn't make a sound. The image faded away, and I was back in the blue. Although, now the other colours were yellow, for happiness, purple, for peace, and independence, and red, for love. All in the blue skies that I watch for now.

I opened my eyes. I was in a strange room, a hospital room, to be exact. Looking around, I saw the room was empty, except for Garroth, sitting in a chair, in the corner, with his face in his hands. He looked tired.
"...Garroth?" I said, quietly. His head snapped up as soon as he heard my voice, and he ran to my bedside.

"Aphmau! You're awake! You're alive!" He exclaimed happily.

"Where are we?"

"...We're in ScalesWind. We needed better medical care."

"M-Medical care? What happened?" I questioned, shocked.

"Well, Zane hit you with his sword. You have stitches all up your face..." He replied, cringing at that last part. He handed me a mirror, and sure enough, I had a line of stitches up the right side of my face. And they hurt. Bad.

"You also got a fever from the trip here." He said, as he put his hand on my forehead. "It feels like it's gone down though. We were so worried about you!" He said, taking my hand.

"Who all came?"

"Just me, Zoey, Malachi, and Levin. They're outside of town. Zoey is teaching the kids some survival skills."

I sat up. It hurt like crazy, my whole body was stiff from laying down for so long. "How long was I out?" I asked.

"Well, a week and a half. The doctors kept giving you morphine for the pain, and it also kept you asleep."

"Oh." Is all I said. I didn't know what else to say. He put his arms around me and hugged me tight.

"...I was terrified that you were going to-" He trailed off. I know what he was thinking. He thought I was dying.

We sat in silence for a minute.

"Can you take me on a walk?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"...I-I'm not sure if that is a good idea- the nurses would probably object..." He explained.

"Did the nurses say not to let me out?"

"Well, no-"

"Then let's go!"

"...I really don't think-"

"Pleeeeeaaaaase?!" I begged, "I have been asleep for a week and a half, you said so yourself, and I want to move around!" I gave him my puppy-dog eyes.

"Ugh, fine. But if we get caught, you can't blame me." He gave in. I smiled and jumped out of bed, which hurt my legs, but I didn't care. I changed into better clothes and we left.

We made our way to the first floor, while Garroth tried to hide me as best as he could. We successfully made it outside without the doctors and nurses noticing.

We walked throughout the streets of Scaleswind. It was in the afternoon sometime, but it was already getting chilly. 

"What did you do while I was asleep?" I asked.

"Well, I spent my time begging Lady Irene to let you live, and crying for fear that you would die."  He replied nervously. 

I sighed, and turned to him. "But I'm alive. You don't need to be afraid anymore." He laughed and nodded.

"I know."

I pressed my lips to him and I felt a billion times better. I couldn't stop thinking about the dream I had. The blue, the images. I couldn't get it off my mind.

"What were you dreaming about earlier?" He asked.

"W-What?"

"Earlier, you looked like you were dreaming about something. And you just seem out of it."

"Well, I was looking at a blue screen, and then I saw all these colours. I sawwhite, and yellow, black and dark blue. Then I saw me, before I came to Phoenix Drop. I looked so sad, but I don't know why. I saw Phoenix Drop, before I came. And I saw you. You looked worried about something. Scared, even..." I trailed off. I couldn't think of the rest. It made me wonder what it meant.

"I was scared, Aph. I was terrified, more scared than I had ever been in my life. I thought I was going to lose you." Tears were forming his eyes. I started crying, and I burried my face in his chest.

"Garroth...?"

"Yeah?"

"I could never leave knowing that I would have to leave you behind."

"I could never bear for you to leave me..."

We walked in silence for a few minutes, before I spoke, breaking the silence.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The End 

A/N-- Surprise! Do you like it when I end the book without a warning? No? Okay, you probably hate me right now, but I didn't even know I was ending it here. I was going to keep it going of a bit, but I have an idea for the next book that I am excited to do. Speaking of which, I need to count the votes from the gem vote on the last book, before I create the next one.

Also, I can warn you now, that after reading the first chapter, you are going to murder my soul.

Please don't.

But I hope you liked this book, and look forward to the next. 

Bye!

~Ninja