Chapter 15

"I don't have to tell you anything," I murmured softly with dawning comprehension.

The smile that split my face must have rivaled the sun from the startled look that replaced his own. I was free. Finally free! From my own self imposed imprisonment. I did it. I did it myself!

My smile dimmed a little at that. I was not happy to have to acknowledge Raven's larger than life contribution to my powers returning. He had taken me on when all else had given up on me. He pushed and pushed till... I got my powers back.

I didn't always agree with his hard ways. But I can't claim that it doesn't work either. Not when it surely did.

My gaze dropped to my raised palm and I all but trembled in awe to see a blue flame lit from within. Witchcraft 101 How to lite your own fire.

I snapped my fingers and the flame shifted into a flower in full bloom. Excited I tossed it in the air and watched as it flew away taking the shape of a little robin.

Then I spread both my arms wide and a chant of ancient Sale the language of Salem filled the air. With it came the very lightest of drizzle... before I lost control and was drenched in the downpour that followed.

Still that did nothing to dim my vibrant smile.

I could do magic.

I had power.

I was no longer feeble and useless.

I spun around in a circle laughing joyously before my gaze was caught and locked with an equally soaked Raven Blackthorn.

I ignored his apparent disgruntlement over being so soaked and made a well fielded leaped into his arms in gratitude.

"Thank you!" I all but sobbed out into his chest my arms firm and unyielding in the chokehold I on him.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

I released him then to beam a wide grin at him. "Thank you so much."

He shoved off my hands still gripping onto his arms and straightened up before sending the rain I brought on away with the flick of the wrist.

The sun shone brightly down on us both. But it fell brighter on him. The steam flew off from his drenched clothes and in seconds he was dry if still somewhat scrumpled but fixing his illusion charm took care of that.

"You can thank me after you tell me what the goddess said," he said with an indulgent smirk. "Don't think that your new found powers will do you any good against me. You have only studied the theories of what you would like to do to me. But I have actually done it all. Done and excelled at it."

Leaning back down till we were eye to eye his breath was hot on my face as he waited me out expectantly. I blinked the water off my drenched lashes and met his gaze head on. Before I reluctantly nodded my head.

"Okay. Okay I'll tell you."

Taking a deep breath I decided to just blurt it out at him.

"The goddess, she said... you and I... we would wed."