Chapter 26

Hey guys so I have about 20 or so active readers I think because whenever I post, by the next day it always has about 20 reads so if you are one of them, thank you so much and if you really liked it please consider voting for this chapter! Thank you guys so much, your continued support with this story is always so nice to have! This is really short so sorry about that, I'll have the next part up really soon though, this was the only good cutoff point

-

As the three of us stood up Harry was still sitting and said, "Guys wait. What if the girl whose body was found in the bathroom never left?"

"You mean you think it's Moaning Myrtle?" asked Ron.

Harry shrugged, "It can't hurt to ask her right?"

I nodded, "Yeah let's ask her tomorrow before breakfast. It could help us figure out what the monster is."

As we were all about to go upstairs Neville came down and said to the three guys, "Hey we were looking for you guys earlier. Our room was ransacked earlier today probably around dinner time. We already cleaned it up and it doesn't look like anything was taken but some of your stuff is probably out of place and I figured you should know."

They nodded but suddenly Harry shouted, "Shit!" and ran up the stairs.

Neville looked shocked and asked me, "What is he upset about?"

I shook my head, "I have no clue."

Our question was answered a few minutes later when Harry came running back down and said breathlessly, "They took it. They took the book."

My eyes widened as I realized what he was talking about and I cursed. Neville still looked confused but Blake and Ron also realized what this meant.

"What book?" questioned Neville.

I pride myself in my ability to lie easily so it didn't faze me when I easily lied, "I had sorta stolen a book from the restricted section and now it's gone. That means someone knows I stole it."

He nodded and said, "Oh okay, well you guys can go look and see if anything else is missing and fix your stuff if you want."

The three boys went upstairs but it was obvious Neville wanted to talk to me, "Are you okay Jessica?" he asked, "I know today was probably pretty rough on you and you'd never admit that to any of them but are you okay?"

I softly smiled at him and replied, "Yeah I'm okay. I lasted through today without much problem and it should just get easier as the days go along."

"Okay I'm glad to hear that. Well I'm going to go to bed, but if you ever want to talk I'm right here."

"Thanks Neville. I'll see you tomorrow."

The next morning I was up early so I put extra effort into my appearance then I went down to the common room to wait for my three other friends so we could go talk to Moaning Myrtle.

After I was sitting there for half an hour they finally came downstairs already dressed for the school day.

"Alright let's go," Harry said.

Together we walked further into the castle then snuck into the girl's bathroom.

Once we were inside Harry called out, "Myrtle? Are you here?"

Immediately she came flying out of a bathroom stall to where we were standing, "Of course I'm here! When am I not here?"

Harry looked to me for help so I said, "Well we wanted to talk to you."

"Taking over my bathroom for a few months with that potion of yours wasn't bad enough? Now you've come to tease me too?"

"No, no, no," Blake interjected, "We came to just talk to you. We wanted to talk to you about your death."

"No one ever wanted to talk to me about my death," Myrtle started, "But I guess that's okay. I was right here in this bathroom when it happened. I was in here crying because this mean Slytherin boy was teasing me about my glasses but then suddenly I heard hissing right by that sink over there. I came out of the stall to see what was happening but all I saw were yellow eyes then I was dead and the next thing I remember was being a ghost."

As she was talking I went over to the sink she had been pointing at. I tried to turn the faucet but it didn't work. I tried another one and that one worked so I figured something had to be wrong.

"Thank you so much Myrtle. We'll be back if we ever want to talk again," Harry said since it was obvious Myrtle liked him much more thatn the rest of us.

She went off into her stall and began crying again as the four of us walked out of the bathroom and began walking to breakfast.