Chapter 2

Lane walked up to Dexter like she owned the place. Which, technically, she did. She fixed her dark blue hair and held her camera around her neck. "Let's just get this over with." Dexter laced up his black sneakers and opened the portal. "Yeah, like I wanna spend anymore time with you than I have to." Lane folded her arms and walked through the portal
_______________________________
When they arrived on earth, they couldn't help but look at everything around them. It was much different compared to where they lived in mewni. The grass was always brown and the trees never had leaves. But on earth, the grass was green, the sun was shining, and there was colorful flowers everywhere. "This is so..." Lane started, but Dexter interrupted her. "gross." Lane quickly nodded. "Yeah, like ew." She snapped a picture with her camera. Dexter looked around the neighborhood. "I'm guessing it's that house." He pointed to the house with a giant room sticking out of it. "Yup." Lane rushed up to the door while Dexter put his hoodie over his head to cover his eyes and face. 'This place looks like some sort of joke. They'll think I'm a freak show.' He thought to himself, walking up to Lane. She knocked and the door was answered within 5 seconds. A boy with brown hair, brown eyes and a red hoodie stared at the two. The resemblance was uncanny. Dexter had the same features as the boy. The hairstyle, the face, the hoodie, they looked much alike. But they were polar opposites. Dexter never met his twin before. He was nervous for the first time in his life. "Can I help you?" The boy asked. "Hello, I'm Lane, and this is Dexter. We're he to ask if you can give us a place to stay for the night." Lane smiled at The boy. "I don't know... But I'd rather introduce myself first. I'm Marco." Marco extended his hand for them to shake it. Lane tilted her head. Dexter didn't understand what it meant really either, but from what he read about earth culture, they called it a handshake. Marco looked down. "Um, please come in..." He opened the door wider so the two can enter. Dexter nodded at Marco and walked inside, Lane followed behind. When Dexter walked in, he heard Giggling from upstairs. Marco looked at the ceiling and called for star. "Star!! Jenna!! We have some guests!!" Marco smiled as two girls ran from down the stairs. Dexter recognized one of them. Star butterfly. The keeper of the wand. But he didn't recognize the other girl. Lane and Dexter we only taught of star and a karate boy. Dexter examined the girl, who's name was Jenna. She had a white shirt, black skirt, blue and brown eyes, with her long bangs covering her right eye and.. A wand?!? Dexter eyes widened. Another wand?!? But how could this be!?! There was no explanation for it. But Dexter was determined to find out. Lane waves at the girls. "Hello! I'm Lane, and this is Dexter!" She grabbed Dexter's hand and waved it in the air. Lane was excellent at not being herself, you can hardly tell she was the stubborn girl from back home. Jenna kept staring at Dexter. There was something about him that she wanted to know, why was he hiding his face?