1. The Catalyst

**I've had this on my computer for too long, I decided to just post it, what the heck!:) So the first part of the chapter I'm not a huge fan of, but the ending half I like, for the record:) I hope you like my new story!**

1

"Stop it."

"Why?"

"It's annoying."

"No it isn't."

"You're not the victim here." I paused. "Stop it."

"I'm not even touching you."

"Stop putting your finger in my face."

"But I'm not touching you."

"You're still annoying the crap out of me."

"Oh please, you're way more annoying than I am."

"I will destroy you!" I screamed standing up.

"Brynlee Mellow!  Sit down!" My teacher, Mrs. Karter yelled.

"Yes ma'am." I replied quietly sitting.

Forrester began laughing, "You're too easy."

"I hate you." I growled.

"Everyone is well aware Bryn."

I scooted my chair away from him, as far as I could, while still being able to use the table we shared.

The bell finally rang, releasing us for the day and I trudged over to Greg, my best friend.

"Bryn, your temperament gets worse the longer you're around that guy." He commented.  He was really tall and lanky with brown messy hair that was cut shorter on the side than the top.  He had big green eyes that girls tended to love.  He was just never my cup of tea.

"Don't you think I know that?" I snapped, "But Mrs. Karter won't let me move seats!  She says I should just ignore him or learn to control myself...whatever that means."

"You do need to control yourself though."

"I do not!" I screamed.

He just gave me an 'obviously you do' look.

"Alright, I see your point, but honestly it's not that easy."

"Maybe before you speak or react you should think about how you should react?  Like stopping and giving it a little thought."

"Honestly though, don't you hate Forrester too?  He's obnoxious."

"He really isn't that bad, you just get picked on by him because you tend to overreact more.  He finds it humorous."

I just stared at Greg, "You know, people don't like it when you're always right." I said crossing my arms defiantly.

"I can't help it, I just am." He shrugged with a smile.  "Chin up though. Try ignoring him."

"I have!"

"Bryn, trying to and not ignoring him is different than actually ignoring him.  Put in some effort." He said ruffling my already messy brown hair.

We both walked out of the classroom then and were met by our other mutual best friend Violet. "Hey guys, how was fifth?" She asked, mostly looking at me.  She was cute with long blond hair and big blue eyes.  Guys tended to do double takes when she walked buy, but as they got to know her they veered away.  She just was very...cynical.

"Same as usual." Greg answered.

She sighed, "Brynlee, you're ridiculous."

"Hey!  How do you know it was me?!"