7. The Catalyst

7

"So how was it?" Violet smirked.

"Fine." I replied shrugging.  "I learned a lot and I don't know, it was fun."

"Oh? Nothing interesting happened?"

"Not really.  I mean I helped him with his relationship issues a little, and he was kind of thankful, but nothing much else happened.  He also had me drive home, but I only made it down the street before ruining his car."

"You helped him with his relationship?  You guys actually had an in depth talk? And then he got you to drive?!"

"Yeah kind of." I shrugged.  I was a little weirded out after thinking about the events of the night. 

I mean it was nothing, but it's strange when you learn so many new and personal things about someone, that not a lot of people know.  Plus the fact that I'm the only one that knows about his secret pastime, which is a little weird.  I mean even his girlfriend didn't know.

"So even after the in depth talk, nothing has changed in you about him?"

"Vi, he has girlfriend, a relationship of which I just helped possibly mend!" Or not...when I thought about it, if anything I deepened his resolve to break up with her, but not for my own benefit at all!

"So what!  It means there's a problem and if it doesn't get mended guess what?!"

"He dies alone." I snapped.

"Vi, leave the girl alone.  She doesn't like him, and there's probably nothing we can do about it."

"Yeah exactly." I said quickly turning and putting my stuff away.

"Alright." Vi said unconvinced, "I'll let it go...for now.  But Bryn, just so you know, we know when you're hiding something." I turned back around and she was smirking at me.  I just rolled my eyes, but later that night when they left and I was lying alone in my bed my mind wandered and I was beginning to feel uneasy.  I wasn't actually too sure what I was feeling uneasy about, but I just knew that something was changing and it made my stomach feel queasy. 

I finally did fall asleep after a restless hour of trying to keep my nervous thoughts at bay.

When I woke up in the morning it was a beautiful day and I was really sore...

"I worked out with him more than I thought." I mumbled, getting up and stretching out my back.

I quickly got ready and put on a gray over sized knit sweater, opaque black tights, and some cut off shorts, with my beanie on top of my head.

I organized my hair a little and put on a little make up on and then heard the honk of Greg's car outside.  I grabbed my bag and slipped into my boots and headed out.

Once I plopped myself into the backseat I smiled up at them.  "Today's a nice day!" I said happily.  I couldn't understand why, but I just felt really good about that day, which was weird since I was so uneasy the night before.

"Well you sure seem chipper!" Violet commented laughing a little.

"Yeah, I don't know why, but I like today.  I hope I didn't just jinx it though..."

"That's a good thing!  Maybe something awesome will happen today!"

"I hope so!" I laughed.

We chatted a little bit about the movie we watched the night before until we finally got to school.

Everything was normal...until I got to my locker.  Standing right in front of it was Gina...probably the last person I would have expecting to see there.