11. The Catalyst

**So it's been about four years since I've written this story... the first half of this chapter was done four years ago and the second half was done today, so hopefully there isn't such a big difference it ruins the story for you all, but my writing style may have shifted a little. Thanks for still reading!**

11

It was about ten minutes later when I finally stood up and began walking home. Forrester had disappeared out of ear shot a while before, so I figured I was safe.

I made my way down the streets and finally arrived home. Sitting on my doorstep was Greg and Violet however. It was the first time in years that I actually wasn't happy to see them. I knew I was about to get a tongue lashing.

They stood up when they saw me and ran over, "Are you alright?! We were so freaking worried! What is wrong with you?!" Violet immediately began.

"Sorry for running like that." I replied simply.

"What happened? Forrester and Andrew didn't tell us. They just both looked at each other worried and ran out after you when we told them you ran off." She was clearly exasperated with the entire situation and I didn't blame her.

"I just heard some things I probably shouldn't have. Honestly I don't want to talk about it." I replied looking down at my dirty converse. "Are my parents home?"

"No, we let ourselves in though, but got too worried to wait inside."

"Okay. I figured they would be gone. What about my brother?"
"He left when we got here." Greg answered.

"Good to know." I nodded and continued to avoid making eye contact with them.

"Seriously, what happened?" Violet wouldn't let it go.

"I don't want to talk about it." I replied pointedly. "I just want to be left alone." I pushed passed them into my house.

"Wait Bryn-"

"I love you guys, but please leave me alone, just for tonight." I said heading up to my room. They were following right behind me.

"But-" Violet was cut short my gasp as I opened my door.

Standing there was Forrester. In my room. In my house. Exactly where he shouldn't have been.

"Wh-what are you doing here?"

"I was worried about you. You just ran off, and Violet and Greg thought you would just run away again if you saw me out there."

I looked back at them angrily, "You did this? You let him in here? What is wrong with you guys?! I want to be alone."

"Bryn, calm down. It's not a huge deal. You just overheard a stupid conversation." Forrester said in defense.

"It is a big deal actually! They tricked me. Why can't anyone understand I don't want to be around people right now?!"

"What is the big deal?! Why are you being so defensive and running, and acting like a fucking child?!"

"Get out!" I screamed.
"Not until you tell me!" He yelled back. "Why?!"

"Because I'm scared!" The moment the words slipped out of my mouth I knew I was done for. Everything was crumbling. I could feel the wall I had built so high beginning to crack.

The room was silent and full of tension as what I said sunk in.

"Bryn, what are you so afraid of?" He asked quieter.