4. The Catalyst

4

I quickly stood up and just stared at him.  He looked much older.  More like a man versus a boy just barely becoming a man.  He was handsome...extremely handsome, with dirty blond hair and striking blue eyes that would make any girl shake.

"Wha-what are you doing here?!  You moved!"

He chuckled, "Well, my family moved back here just a few days ago and I was reenrolled.  Today was my first day.  I was hoping to run into you though." He smiled dashingly.

"Well I do not want to run into you!" I said turning around.

Greg and Violet stood there and both whispered at the same time, "Holy shit.  He's back."

I quickly grabbed their arms and dragged them back down the hallway.  "We're going out a different exit." I stated angrily. 

The emotional tidal waves crashing in my head at that moment were almost unbearable. 

Granted I hated Andrew with a burning passion, but just suddenly seeing him like that just was too much for me.  I loved the guy back when I was a stupid little girl.  I still loved him even after he hurt me more than any person ever had in my life, but over the years I had tried to replace that love for hatred, and I thought it was successful, but now my resolve was shaking.

As I was speed walking my eyes began welling up with tears and I ended up bumping into someone's shoulder.  I quickly apologized and continued out of the school with Violet and Greg in tow.

"Bryn slow down!" Violet called after me.

I quickly came to a halt and my shoulders were shaking I was so overwhelmed.  "Bryn, are you okay?" Greg asked my quietly.

"He's here.  He's back."

"Yes, but he's not going to hurt you this time!  You're smarter now.  You can see through him."

"How?! Thinking back I can barely see through his lies still." I said as a tear slipped down my cheek.

My heart was racing and the memories were making my head pound.  It was too much to take and I felt myself becoming dizzy.  I stumbled back a little and they grabbed me. 

"Bryn calm down!  It's not the end of the world that he's going to school here.  Just avoid him!"

"What if I can't?" I whispered.

"We'll help you." They said sternly.

I hugged them both and they took me home and stayed with me until around eleven at night when I passed out.

I woke up groggily in the morning and quickly got ready because looking at the time I only had about five minutes.

I quickly slipped on some tan pants and a loose black sweater with some ballet flats and rushed out the door because Greg was already honking at me.

I ran downstairs and said goodbye to my brother who was tiredly munching on some cereal before he took off for school.

I jumped in the car and smiled at the two of them and they gave me awkward smiles back. 

"So how are you feeling?" Violet asked as Greg began driving.

Just with that little question everything from the day before came rushing back and I felt my heart beginning to race.

"I-I'm fine." I stuttered.

"We're going to make sure he doesn't get near you today, alright?"

"O-okay." I nodded.