Chapter 25 (part)

We were washing at a nearby creek, which seemed so quiet. I had been here before; I knew it... Those kids! The ones who gave me apples, they took me here! But, it was so much different... There was no fish swimming through cheerfully, no birds sang their songs, it wasn't refreshing. It was rather depressing. I waited quietly for Ranger to finish dipping his muzzle in the warm water. I noticed something shining in the river. It was hidden beneath some rocks, and I took a closer look. It was a horse shoe. A new one, too. This got me alert. I quickly looked around, and saw fresh hoof prints in the dirt.
"Ranger we have to go as quickly as possible."
He peered up at me.
"Why?"
Suddenly, a whip cracked over the valley, and three men on horseback rummaged through quickly. They stopped and threw a lasso at me, but it missed. I pushed Ranger forward and out of the creek.
"Gallop, Ranger, gallop!" I say, as he trips forward.
He bursts into a gallop, his long legs rotating beneath him. We kept galloping over the muddy ground, one of the men circled around and stopped us in our tracks. He threw a lasso, it grabbed Ranger's right front leg, and he was thrown forward over his own head. I angrily threw my bared jaws towards the horse, spooking it backwards. The man grabbed my ear, and I squealed in pain. I bit his hand, and violently threw him out of the saddle. I then proceeded to scare the horse away, and knock the man unconscious from hitting his head. I turned to the others, who were stunned. They backed their horses up, and I chased them off, after they had fetched their loose horse and man. I trotted over to Ranger, who was laid on the ground.
"Are you Okay, my dear?" I asked, helping him up. His front knees were terribly grazed, they bled all over his legs and he trembled in fear.
"Mother, I thought humans were nice?"

Authors Note- sorry for such a fraction, but you all wanted some more and I wanted to give you some. Unfortunately, I've been a bit upset. My older horse, Honey, a 24 year old Halfinger, may have to be put to sleep. This is hard for me and I have been under stress lately. Anyway, love you all and enjoy your fraction.