Chapter 2: It's Only Just Begun

~Ylva's POV~

I was sitting in my chair, hands bound behind me, as I was in one of the last levels of my training and almost ready to receive my family wand. My teacher was pacing the room in front of me.

"Now, without incantations, without hands, move me to the other end of the room using the winds." She said, standing still. I concentrated, summoning the winds to do my bidding, but failed and she remained where she was. Snapping her fingers, she freed me, letting me stand.

"Move me to the other end of the room." She commanded. I nodded, raising both hands as the winds whooshed around me, grabbing my instructor. Gunhild was moved from one end of the area to the other end in the blink of an eye.

"You still haven't gotten past hand magic? Ugh child. Use your mind." I growled, summoning the winds with pure thought and moving her to the other end of the room.

"Better. Try again." I did as told, angrily taking from both sides nonstop.

"Put me down now." She said. I obeyed, setting her down in her chair and falling to my knees, breathing heavily.

"You did well Daughter of Ulf."

"Thank you Lady Gunhild."

"Dismissed." I bowed, walking out of the room and to the gym for my own physical training. I saw the son of Loki, Fritjof, meaning stealer of peace. He smirked,  suddenly beside me. The illusion in the middle of the gym disappeared and I rolled my eyes. He flew across the gym, landing in a perfect roll. I smiled, starting my laps around the gym. He followed my lead, catching up with me.

"You're getting good at controlling the winds with pure thought." He said, his black eyebrows raised. I nodded in thanks and sped up, leaping into the air and landing on a rafter. A few minutes later, after Fritjof left, I doubled over, falling from the rafter. I looked down and pulled the small throwing knife out of my side, gasping in pain.

"It's her! The heir of the House of the Wolf!" shouted a deep voice that sounded a tad familiar, but not very. A man dressed in blue/green armor stepped out from his hiding place, an evil grin on his face.

"What do you want? Mass murderer?" I shouted, fisting my hands.

"To get rid of Asgard once and for all!"

"Not on my watch." I heard a set of footsteps and someone saying, "Or mine." And I turned to see Fritjof standing next to me, his hands ablaze with green fire. Another set of footsteps sounded, this one heavier than Fritjof's, but lighter than my roommate's twin brother's. I let out a breath, knowing who it was. Rand. He stepped in front of me, his name meaning Wolf shield as mine meant female wolf.

"Who are these Daughter of Ulf? Your little army?"

"Worse. My friends." Thunder boomed and Thyra, my roommate, flew in, swords in hand. And last, but not least, in thundered Troels Thorson.

"Who dared to pick on Lady Ylva?" He asked, his bright red cape settling against his back as he pointed at me.

"It was I, Son of Thor." spoke the man who attacked. Troels looked at the man, angry blazing in her grey eyes.

"You dare attack the last heir to the house of Ulf?!" He shouts, his fist raising as the wind stirred my hair.