Chapter 6: A Traitor Within

~Ylva's POV~

I sat up straighter, wincing at the pain in my side as I looked at Troels.

"Hi Troels. What's up?"

"I was just wondering how you were and how that mischievous little brat was treating you." My ears twitched back at his insult towards Fritjof and, without thinking, I grabbed his shirt, drawing him closer so I could look him in the eye.

"What did you say about a member of the group? We are a pack, and no one  shall insult one another. You need to get that mind of yours set straight before I even think about helping you find your father's hammer, Mjolnir." I growled, watching his eyes widen with fear. I released him and he turned, running out of the dorm. Wincing with pain, I looked down at my bandages, to see that they weren't tied around my waist anymore and the frost was spreading across my torso.

"Ylva! I told you not to touch the bandages!" Fritjof shouted, storming into the room. My eyes widened as I watched him move faster than thought while he grabbed more bandages and herbal mixture. He was soon at my side, wrapping more bandages around my waist.

"It wasn't me." I muttered, looking up at his frustrated face. He looked at me, his dark green eyes curious.

"Explain." He said, his ears moving up and down once. I sighed, shrugging.

"I don't know, but I think we may have a traitor within our ranks." I said softly, brushing a lock of hair behind my ear before grabbing all of my hair in one hand and holding a hand out for a knife.

"What are you doing Ylva?"

"Cutting my hair." I state simply, picking up a knife that laid on the bedside table and taking it through my hair quickly with a soft-ish shink. Fritjof's eyes widened when my hair fell back into place and I set the knife down.

"W-why did you do that?" He asked, his green eyes full of surprise.

"It'll be better in battle. I'm certain of it." I say, shaking my head to let my hair cover my ears and fall into my eyes.

"Wh-why though?"

"Because I can. Give me a razor." His eyes widened even more, but he didn't protest, instead, he picked me up, sitting me in a chair and grabbing an electric razor. Skillfully wielding the razor, he cut my hair to be only about one and a half inches long.

"How's that?" He asked, taking off the cape. I looked in the mirror.

"Much better. Thank you."