Chapter 5: The Herbalist

~Fritjof's POV~

I awoke in my moon chair, seeing Ylva sitting up and looking at the herbal mixture beneath the bandages. I rushed up to her and took her hands away from the bandages, shaking my head.

"What Fritjof?"

"Don't play with the bandages or the herbal mixture underneath. You could end up healed incorrectly."

"Okay, fine." She says in a bit of a loopy tone. I sighed. The agents I used last night still hadn't worn off. She laid back down and I pulled the covers up to her chest, sighing. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. I smiled and walked out, going to get her something to eat for when she woke up. I ran into Thyra in the halls and she pulled to the side, a sorta angry look in her grey/blue eyes.

"Where's Ylva?"

"My dorm. Why?"

"She didn't come back last night and I became worried."

"Well, she fine. I'm letting her heal from a knife wound given to her yesterday from a frost giant's throwing knife. If you want to visit her you may."

"Thank you Fritjof."

"You're most welcome Lady Thyra." I said with a bow, watching her run down the hall.

I came back to my dorm a few hours after Thyra had left with a tray of food in my hands. Ylva was awake and twiddling her thumbs when she heard the door open. She saw it was me and smiled.

"Hey Fritjof. Who's that for?" She asked, looking at the tray in my hands.

"This? This is actually for you. I've eaten already." I muttered, lying through my teeth. She took the tray gratefully and ate from it, not paying attention to me as I whipped up another batch of the herbal mixture for her wound. I mashed up some more herbs, my back turned to Ylva as I put some of the mashed up herb into the mixture. I added a drop of the numbing agent and mixed it all together, ending with a green goop. I put it in a small container and then put it in my mini-fridge.

"What's that Fritz?" She asked.

"Herbal mixture for your wound." I said without looking at her.

"Okay." muttered Ylva, looking away as her tray flew up and into the trash. I sighed, walking to the other side of the room and pouring a few different, fine-ground herbs into some boiling water and watching them soak, turning the water green.

"Why aren't you looking at me Fritjof?" She asked. I turned to face her, one eyebrow raised.

"No reason really." I say,  a snappy tone to my voice. Her brows angled upwards in surprise and I just turned around, going back to brewing the herbal mixture for a numbing agent. I heard my door open and turned to see Troels standing in the doorway. I stormed up to him, not touching him as I shoved him out of my dorm.

"Let me see Lady Ylva!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

"Let's see. How about..... NO!!!!!"

"Fritz, let him in."

"Fine. But if he kills me, it's on you." I mutter, opening the door and disappearing.