Chapter 6

I sighed in frustration, slamming my laptop shut. I was off on a case by myself, at Bobby's request. Not sure the hour long argument was Dean was worth it. Accord to Sam they there dealing with a suicidal teddy bear, the lucky bastards. That sounds way more interesting than a vampire.

There was a knock at the door and I quickly grabbed my gun. I opened the door, and instantly smiled.

"West!"

"Hey kid!" he exclaimed pulling me in for a hug. He looked at my gun and rolled his eyes,

"Your becoming more like Bobby"

"Hey! you can't be to careful" I responded, shutting the door behind him. West looked the same. Dirty blond hair, brown eyes, torn jeans, an old t-shirt, and his father's brown leather jacket.

"So what are you doing here?"

"Got a call from Bobby, said you were here working a case on your own. Thought I could be of some assistance" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but no sex!" West laughed but nodded. Yea, we've had sex, but we really drunk!

West and I headed out and questioned friends and relatives of the victims. Upon visiting the morgue we found that all the victims had their throats completely destroyed. They were also completely drained of blood.

"All the victims were last seen at this bar" West stated as we climbed out of the car.

"All the victims were women, had brown hair, and were college students. So I'll play bait, you can catch the bastard" West nodded in agreement. It was nice that he trusted me to take care of myself, one of the many reasons I enjoy working with West.

"Kind of reminds me of New York"

"No sex!" West laughed as we entered the bar. I ordered a beer and took a seat on one of the bar stools. West made sure he was a bit away from me, so no one thought we were together.

"Now what's a pretty thing like you, doing here all alone?" He had a British accent, black hair, grey eyes, and a bit of scruff on his face.

"Trying to  forget finals" he laughed,

"What year are you in?"

"Freshman, I have a feeling next year isn't going to be any easier" I stated, the man nodded in agreement.

"I'm Arthur"

"Kelly" I responded, letting him take my hand. He brought it up to his lips and lightly kissed it. We talked for some time. Arthur was an exchange student from London, was majoring in education.

"What do you say we get out of here?" he whispered in my ear, I did my best to fake a smile and nodded. We headed into a back alley and Arthur instantly pinned me against the wall, his lips quickly finding mine. When his mouth moved towards my neck, I heard a slight hiss escape his lips. I kneed him in the balls and shoved him off, West appeared and held a machete to his neck.

"Hunters" Arthur sneered,

"Are you alone?" West demanded, Arthur spit in his face in response. I stepped forward but was thrown back. A blond female stood over me, I took out my gun and fired. She screeched in pain, I  grabbed a metal pole that was laying on the ground and swung it. Her head went flying. I looked to see West chop Arthur's head off.

"Nice one kid" West breathed as we both tried to catch our breath. We got rid of the bodies and headed to the motel.

"I say we drink to tonight!" West exclaimed as we approached my room,

"No sex!" I exclaimed with a laugh as we entered the room, but froze on the spot.

"Aw come on Ellie! Let's-" but West stopped when he saw Cas standing in the middle of the room. West had his gun out with in seconds,

"West put that away!" I exclaimed,

"You know this guy!"

"I am her... Friend" Cas stated, West glanced at me and I nodded. He put the gun away and I shut the door behind us.

"Cas, what are you doing here?"

"You said friends can show up anytime they need to" He responded, but he was starring at West as he spoke.

"Ellie, who is this guy?"

"West, this Cas, Cas this is West. Now that we all know each other I say we have some alcohol" I stated heading towards my mini fridge.

"I think I'm going to have to pass E, I'll see you in the morning" West kissed my cheek before leaving.

"Do you want a beer Cas, or do you want to leave too?"

"Why would I want to leave?" I smiled and handed him a beer.

"Why were you with that man?" he asked,

"We were hunting a vampire, killed it tonight" I explained.

"Why did you tell him no sex?" there was an edge to Cas' tone as he asked this.

"I've known West for a long time, about two years ago we got drunk and had sex. No big deal, didn't ruin our friendship or anything. We sometimes joke about it, saying it was the worst sex ever, or say stuff like that ain't happening again. We flirt sometimes but it never means anything" I responded, Cas looked confused.

"Why did you lay with him in a way that is meant for a man and his wife if you do not love him?"

"People have sex all the time, no one is really waiting for marriage anymore. Sometime people have sex with someone who's name they don't even know" I stated, drinking my beer.
"But why?"
"Because humans get lonely, and we want someone to touch us and make us feel good. Because then we don't feel so lonely, we don't feel that empty void in the pit of your stomach" I explained.
"Cas, don't you ever feel lonely?"
"Angels are not supposed to have emotions, to have friends, we are soldiers. We do as were told" he took a sip of his beer.
"That sounds like a lonely life"
"Maybe that's why I come to you. Because when I come see you I feel less stressed, and I don't feel so empty, but I don't know why" he ranted. I stepped closer and pressed my hand against his cheek.
"It's because you have feelings, whether your meant to or not. Feelings are okay to have Cas" I reassured, my thumb tracing his cheek. Cas leaned in against my touch, his lips brushing against my wrist.
"I don't understand, I don't like not understanding" I lightly laughed.
"I never said feelings were easy to understand, but when you need to talk, you can talk to me" I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his forehead.