Chapter 19

I stood outside the diner, unsure of what to do. I looked at my watch, three minutes till twelve. I watched a couple and their toddler walk in, an old man walked out by himself, two girls in their twenties were giggling as they headed towards their car.

"You're down to two minutes" Amity said from beside me, I sighed.

"Are you coming in with me?"

"I think this is something you should do alone, but if you need me just call out. I'll be there in a heartbeat" I nodded. Amity didn't even know who I would be meeting. "If your worried about your safety, don't be, I'll be watching" I laughed.

"Trust me, my safety is the least of my worries" My phone buzzed, another text from one of my brothers. They had been in contact with me none stop, telling me about the town full of hunters they had found.

"You have forty seconds" I take in a deep breath,

"Guess it's now or never"

"Preferably now" I chuckled

"Go help my brothers with their case, sounds like their in a real pickle" I call back and made my way to the diner. The little bell rang when I entered, I looked around. Since I didn't know who I was meeting, I didn't know who to look for. I took a seat in an empty booth in the back. I look at my watch, it's twelve o'clock on the dot. I glance up when I hear the little bell ring. Chuck smiles at me and makes his way over, taking the seat across from me.

"Chuck? you're who I'm supposed to be meeting?" a small smile appears on the prophet's face,

"Not exactly" I look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"The prophet won't remember this meeting, he actually thinks he's asleep at home" I glare at Chuck who apparently isn't Chuck.

"Who the hell are you and why are you possessing my friend?"

"I mean you nor the prophet any harm, he actually let me in"

"You still haven't told me who you are" I respond. Fake Chuck sighed,

"I've gone by many names in my time, but I think the one you would best recognize is, God" I laugh, and I mean full on laugh for a good two minutes.

"Your kidding right?" I ask, once I had managed to gain back my self-control.

"No, I'm not 'kidding' you"

"Okay, then where the hell have you been?" I demand, not sure if I should be respectful or scold him like a mother scolds her son when he's out past his curfew.

"You remember what the angel Joshua told you, correct?"

"Yea, that you think none of this is your problem. But does a parent abandon it's child when it gets in trouble?"

"Does a parent not realize the importance of the child learning the responsibility of cleaning up it's own messes?"

"But how can that child clean up it's mess with no guide lines on how to do so!" I shot back. Am I really arguing with God? Damn my life is fucked up. Chuck, or God I guess, shook his head.

"That is why I have called you here, I know Joshua told you that I said I was finished,that I was done helping. But I have one last thing to do before I go."

"Which is?"

"That bracelet, the one your brother gave you, it is important yes?" I glance at my left wrist and nod.

"What does the smiley face represent?" I bit my lip,

"Dean gave it to me, to help me to remember the good memories instead of the bad ones" I say, deciding to give him the short version of the story. Dean had given it to me when we were sixteen. Dad and I had a fight (again), and I was complaining about how horrible our lives were. Dean gave it to me saying it wasn't all bad, and I knew he was talking about Sammy, about the times Dad left us with Bobby, about the times him and I could have a just us twins day.