Chapter 2- The Purple and Gold Envelope

C h a p t e r  2

O l i v i a  W a l k e r

 Daddy walked around the living room, then walked into the kitchen. He was saying words under his breath.

"So Livvy, do you know what time Momma is gonna come back?" Daddy asked.

I stared at him confusedly.

"Whats time?" I asked.

He sighed and shook his head. Then he took a long sip of his coffee before talking.

"Like, what -time- er when is Momma gonna come back?" Daddy asked.

I looked up the ceiling, thinking hard.

"When Sofia the First is over." I said, pointing to the t.v. set.

Daddy's head turned and he looked kind of scared. Maybe he remembered the last time Mommy beat him up.

Soon the ending of Sofia the first came, and those small words that come on the screen, and the words were to fast to read anyways, so why did people try to read them?

 Soon, Doc McStuffins came on, and I yawned. Doc McStuffins is boring, all she does is fix up broken toys. Maybe, one day, I'll make Mommy turn into a doll so Doc McStuffins can fix her. So she doesn't cry at night.

 I didn't notice, but I was laying in Daddy's lap. He was stroking my hair, and my eyes, they closed.

*-*

What woke me up was the squeaking of a car. Daddy was asleep on the couch too, until I shook him awake.

"Daddy! Mommy's back!" I said happily.

 "Shh." Daddy said. He lied down on the couch, and scrunched up his face, like he was trying not to cry.

 I heard Mommy walk up the steps. Then, a weak knock came from the door.

"Mommy!" I yelled. I climbed on her leg.

"Hey honey." She whispered.

 Her hair was messy, her voice was so low. Also her hands looked all red and hurt.

"Mommy. Guess what, there's a special visitor!" I exclaimed

"Who? I told you not to open the door to anyone!" Mommy exclaimed. She looked all mad.

 Just then, Daddy walked into the mudroom which was really crowded. He looked Mommy, up and down.

 "Hey babes." He said like how he used do when he came back from work.

Mommy stared at him. Then her face suddenly got all red then and brought her hand to slap Daddy then-

Her hand stopped right before his cheek. Mommy dropped her hand, and pushed me to stand behind her.

She cleared her throat, like she got a piece of chocolate stuck in her throat.

"So, why are you here?" Mommy demanded. Her face looked hard.

Dad looked all important for some reason, like those big kids on 'Dog With A Blog'

"Well, this is a personal delivery." Daddy said beaming.

Daddy handed Mommy a thick purple envelope with gold designs at the corners.

Mommy read the letter out loud.

"You're are invited to the 7 year anniversary of Stacey Walker my beloved daugh-" Mommy stopped reading.

"So, this girl was born before Olivia?" Mommy asked.

Daddy smiled real big. "Yes." He said.

Mommy looked like she swallowed something really sour.

"SO, THIS RING, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU, DOES IT?" Mommy yelled, shoving her ring in Daddy's face.

When Daddy didn't say anything, she threw her ring off the floor, she spit on the ring. Then she rubbed her foot all over it, jumping on it. She looked a lot like 'Miss. Trunchbull' from Matilda. 

Mommy seemed  mad, then she took the letter and began to read again.

"After this Anniversary, you may stay behind, to watch the 4 hour premiere of the marriage of  Andrew Walker and Emily Rupp-"Mommy finished reading.

She started to stare at Daddy for a really long time. Then she took a really deep breath in, and said to Daddy without looking at him, "It's best that you leave."

Mommy pointed to the door, and her finger was wobbling.

"Okay." Daddy said. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

I heard  his car leave.

"Olivia. I'm very disappointed in you."Mommy said.

"Oh Mommy, what did I do?" I asked.

She frowned, and dug into her small handbag. She pulled out her medicine, and swallowed a couple of pills aggressively.

"If you didn't open the door, Daddy wouldn't of came in. If Daddy didn't come in, I would come perfectly fine, ready to pay the house rent. It's so careless of you to just open it at your leisure." She was talking to herself now.

"Momma, it's okay, Daddy left. You can calm down." I told her.

"Calm Down? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CALM DOWN? "She shouted.

Her fingers clamped  around her gold locks, as if she were going to pull it out any moment.

"He could've of forced you down to their wedding! He would say he was a legal guardian! He would lie, he would lie  to the police, to take you away from me, take away everything I love from me." Mommy screamed. 

Her eyes were going in circles. She kept on repeating:"He left me here, less than I was before..." 

Then, her speaking slowed a little.

"Mommy?" I asked.

She didn't answer. Swaying. She was swaying. Then all of a sudden, she fell. Her head broke the shelves that held  all of our shoes. All I could see was red. It seeped from under her head, and snaked under her armpits.

I screamed.

________________________________________________________________________________

A churned out chapter :P

Vote,

Comment,

And Share

:D