Chapter 15- Used Tissues & Soft Thank-you's

C h a p t e r  1 5

Ö A l e c  M y e r s Ö

I didn't know what the heck was going on with Florence. It was probably she had girl jealousy being infected to her. It happens, happens a lot.

" So Alec, when are you meeting up with Olivia? She's really pretty." My mom said from the kitchen.

The truth was, I tried to avoid Olivia as much as I wanted to. But, wherever I turn, she's batting her fake eyelashes at me.  I shuddered at the thought.

"Er, not anytime soon." I yelled back.

My mom looked disappointed.

"Alec, you can do better than Florence. Last time I saw her, it looked like she had an accident on her pants." Mom said shuddering.

I frowned at these words.

"Its not that way mom.. she's getting bullied by Olivia." I said.

She scoffed, not believing me.

"Olivia? Shes an angel Alex, you deserve her." She said.

Is Olivia paying my mom to say this?

I shook my head, and headed out for the front door. I was going to meet up with Florence.

*-*

I knocked on her door. Once. Twice. I heard someone yelling to have the door open, and shuffling to the door.

Florence stood their, her dark brown hair not in her usual waves, instead in clumped up pieces. Her eyes were red, as if she was crying for a very long time. She tried to close the door, but I kept it open.

"Flo.. what's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked at me straight in the eye looking mad.

"So you're seriously going to act like you don't know?" She said quite scarily in a small voice.

"Don't know about what? Look if this is about Olivia, I'm not planning to date her anytim-"

"I'M NOT THAT DESPERATE FOR YOU!" She said, not being able to contain herself.

Florence's mom came up behind me and smiled when she saw me. She had cracked teeth and chapped lips.

"See honey? This boy's rich.. good job for getting that money." Her mom said, whispering into her ear.

"So, Florence you only liked me for my money, and when I don't hand it over you act like a brat?" I demanded.

"No, it's not like that Alec!" She pleaded.

I shook my head, and walked to my car.

My mom was right, I could do so much better than Florence.

*-*

"I bet you $6.00 I'll get at her, first try." Chris said.

"She won't even glance at you, Chris." Adam said.

I snorted.

"She won't look at either of you." I said.

Olivia was acting happy, smiling her face off.  She was prancing around in her Victoria Secret tank top, which revealed too much of her bra, and shorts that might of well be a second underwear for her.

Florence was at her locker, her hair looking dry and strange, constantly pulling up her baggy 'Beatles' shirt. I didn't even bother her, while Stacey kept on coming up to me.