Chapter 4- Bad Stacey

C h a p t e r  4
O l i v i a  W a l k e r

The next morning at breakfast, Caleb's Daddy wasn't good at cooking. The pancakes were all black, and they were hard. Mommy's pancakes were soft, and light colored.

"Why aren't you eating?" Caleb's Daddy asked.

"It's too hard to eat. I don't want to break my tooth!" I said.

He looked all mad.

"Well! You pretty darn lucky to have someone to step up for ya! Most people would dump a bratty girl like you!" He shouted.

Then he snatched my plate, and put it on the counter.

"Well! Since you're not going to eat, go ahead and have some freshly squeezed orange juice!" He yelled.

I nodded my head.

 When I sipped the juice, I felt something chunky in it, and spit it out onto my hand.

When I looked down, I saw black pepper, floating in with the juice.

*-*

I ran up the stairs excited. I would be visiting Mommy, and Caleb's Daddy was going to take me to Mommy. Caleb was coming too.

I wore my beautiful purple dress that had Sofia on it, and we drove off in Caleb's Daddy's car.

The hospital was big and white. The carpet was white. The seats were white. Everything was white. I would be bored if I lived here. Nothing is colorful.

We walked for a long time. Everything looked the same, so I couldn't tell where we were going. We suddenly stopped at a woman at a desk.

"Hello Granny Joe." Caleb's Daddy said.

The old lady waved, and looked down at me. She gave me a sad little smile, and I smiled back at her.

 Caleb's Daddy said Momma's name, and we did more walking. My legs started to hurt. Then, we finally reach a door.

Caleb's Daddy said Momma's name, and we did more walking. My legs started to hurt. Then, we finally reached a door.

"Well, er- you can go inside, Caleb and I will stay here." Caleb's Daddy said.

I nodded. The door looked really big. I pulled on the cold metal bar and the door swung open.

Wires. They were everywhere. Snaking under the hospital bed, connecting with big computers which gave a 'Beep' sound.

That's when I noticed Mommy. She was on the bed. Her face was all thin.

"Mommy?" I asked.

I stepped forward.

"Olivia? Is that you?" Mommy asked.

Her voice was small, and weak.

I stood over the bed.

"Oh Mommy, this is all my fault!" I cried.

Mommy didn't say anything.

"Sit down Olivia." Mommy said.

I sat down on the cold chair.

"Now Olivia, I have something important to tell you." She said.

"That girl, Stacey, her Daddy is your Daddy." She explained.

I was confused. How could that be true? I didn't have a big sister!

"But Olivia, Stacey is trying to take you away from your Daddy. Stacey is bad." She said.

The machine behind her was beeping slower.

"She tricks people. She might seem nice but she's evil. So is her mother." She said.

Beep. Silence. Beep. A longer silence. Beep

"Mommy, I have something for you." I said.

I pulled out the little ring that Mommy had spit on. She looked at it then sighed. She slipped it on her finger.

"Remember, Olivia. She's there to take your daddy."

Beep.

"Don't."

Beep.

"Let."

Beep.

"Her."

The beeping stopped. Mommy's eyes closed.

"Mommy?" I asked.

She didn't respond. I shouldn't wake Mommy up when she's sleeping!

I went outside, and Caleb's Daddy was waiting there. And nurses and doctor's were rushing in.

"On my monitor I saw the heart rate stop!"

"We were only out to get her food order!"

"It slowed down by the second!" The doctors said.

I didn't know what they were talking about. They also talked to Caleb's Daddy. He seemed sad.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your Momma, she's gone." He said sadly.

Gone? Momma was sleeping! She didn't run away! I wondered why Caleb's Daddy lied.

*-*

That night, Caleb's Daddy didn't yell at me. Instead, he looked at me sadly. He didn't yell when I told him I didn't want to lie on the floor. He got out an air mattress I could sleep on.

"Goodnight Caleb. Goodnight Caleb's Daddy. Goodnight Mommy." I whispered to myself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys :D

I hope your day is going well!