Chapter 4: I can't think of a chapter name?

Leo awoke unaware of where he was. He lay there with his eyes closed, trying to remember what had happened. He knew it was bad, but he couldn't remember anything. As he lay thinking, when he realized there were people around him talking, and someone was crying.

"Will he be alright?" It was Calypso.

"He should be just fine, Ms. Sanchez," said another voice. "He just needs some rest. He'll stay here for the night."

Leo heard Harry and Ron's voices whispering off to his right, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He opened his eyes to see Calypso bending over him, with Dumbledore and Moody at the end of the bed. He attempted to sit up, but immediately felt dizzy, and laid back down.

"Took a right bad blow, you did," Moody said. "I'd say you're a lucky one, eh?"

"Wha—what happened?" Leo said groggily.

"You got bit by that spider in the forest, remember?" Calypso said, concerned. "You got bit and then Festus woke up when you yelled. I tried to tell you to move, but then I realized you're fireproof." Calypso laughed. "Festus scorched the spider, and I ran over to make sure you were okay, and you blacked out. I'm just glad the clothes I made you are still holding up. Maybe it's a good thing you didn't change clothes." She laughed again. "I'm just so glad you're okay."

Leo smiled and took Calypso's hand. He looked over at Dumbledore. "Just out of curiosity, why are there giant spiders in the forest?"

Dumbledore chuckled. "Those technically are not supposed to be there, but I'd appreciate it if we kept that between this little circle." Dumbledore looked over at Harry and Ron who were still whispering off to the side. "Although I suspect you two already know something about this?" He raised an eyebrow.

Harry and Ron looked up. "Uh . . . yeah . . . see . . . uh . . ." Harry stuttered.

Ron piped up. "Look, when Hagrid's spider escaped fifty years ago, it ran off into the forest and lots of little baby spiders that run around and try to eat people." He said quickly and looked down. "I don't like spiders."

Dumbledore didn't look surprised. "I know Hagrid has been keeping Aragog. He's a very sweet man, but I'm afraid he doesn't understand the difference between cute and dangerous."

Moody scowled. "If you ask me, that spider and all his kids should be caught and taken somewhere else or killed or something."

Dumbledore, Moody, Harry, and Ron left a few minutes later to let Leo and Calypso have some alone time, and give Leo some rest. Calypso stayed for a bit longer.

"Leo, why didn't you use your fire powers?" Calypso asked after a few minutes.

Leo frowned. "I guess I was just so caught up in keeping you safe that I forgot I had them." He chuckled. "So much for being a big hero huh?"

Calypso got up to leave. "Oh, I almost forgot! I went upstairs to get Harry and Ron and Hermione, and Hermione sends her regards, but she has a BIG essay due tomorrow. She was really sad she couldn't come see you."

Leo smiled. "Tell her it's okay. I know how important her studies are to her." Calypso waved and left.

Leo spent the rest of the night and the next morning in the infirmary, and then headed back to the Gryffindor common room. He rested there for the rest of the day, but went to classes every day after that despite Calypso's nagging.