Prologue

December 1982

"But do you have to go?" I mumble.

Axl is my brother, no doubt about it. We share the same red hair and same blue eyes. We live in Lafayette, Indiana or did I should say. Axl has gotten in some trouble down here so he's moving to Los Angeles, leaving me.

"I mean I could go with you." I admit and he smiles.

"No, you have to finish high school. You're too smart not to." He tells me.

"Then can you wait until June at least?" I wonder and he ruffles my hair.

"We both know I can't. Besides, come September you'll be off at school some where. You won't have to deal with.." Axl trails off.

He means our stepdad. Our real dad is well we don't know, our mom married out stepdad shortly after I was born. He's abusive and my mom doesn't believe it.

"You could try telling mom again." He try's but I shake my head.

"She won't believe it." I tell him even though he already knows.

"What about soccer? I mean you're not just gonna give that up." Axl smiles, I half smile.

"You're right. I mean I could always go to UCLA." I say and he hits me in the arm.

"There's a spirit, TJ!" Axl exclaims.

I'm called TJ because that's what my initials are, Taylor Jane Rose. Kinda girlie.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy though." He says.

"Well you should." I say and he mocks hurt.

"Aren't you going to miss me?" Axl wonders.

"With out a doubt, there's nothing to do in this town. Raising hello isn't going to be the same." I admit and he laughs.

"Promise me you'll be good and won't do anything stupid." He tells me.

"What do you mean by stupid?" I wonder.

"Anything I taught you." Axl smiles. "Is stupid."

"Well how's that any fun?" I wonder with a smile. He laughs.

"The next six months aren't about fun, you gotta finish school and get good grades." He says and I frown. "It's gonna be okay, just don't let him get to ya. Summer will be here before you even know it."

"Yeah, alright. I'm gonna miss you." I mutter and he hugs me.

"I'll miss you to but it'll be alright." Axl tells me.

I wish I could believe him. Six months then I can leave this town and never come back. The count down's on.

Six months, Jesus. It's going to be a long half a year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All events and ideas are mine, I'm just using the members from Guns N Roses for characters. I'm sorry about how short this chapter is I promise the others will be longer.

Thanks for reading!!