Epilogue

May 10, 1994

We had moved to Seattle to get away from the busyness of Los Angeles. Rosie is going to be five on her next birthday and We will be expecting our second child January of next year. Everything was perfect until today.

I was dropping of Rosie at school when the office called me in. The hospital called saying that they just took Duff in via ambulance. I took Rosie to Duff's parents and got to the hospital as fast as I could.

I haven't cried this much in a very long time. The man I love more than breathing, the father of my children is more dead than alive. Acute alcohol induced pancreatitis is what the doctor told me he had. What the hell is that? Either way, they're finally letting me in to see my man.

He is dead asleep and I hold onto his hand. I keep kissing his hand, he's my everything. I can't lose him. Duff makes a noise and I look up. His eyes are glazed over but he looks over to me and smiles.

"You're stunning, did the doctor send you in?" He wonders in his drug induced voice.

"No sweetie, I'm your wife." I smile and he lights up.

"God I'm smart! Wait are you a real redhead? I know how I can find out! If you hair is red on your, your, your, eyebrows." Duff laughs and I kiss his hand.

"I love you so much, Duffy." I tell him.

"I love you to, Kitten." He mumbles and drifts off to sleep again.

My life is perfect, very, very perfect.