Scars, Graduation, and Championships

"Queenie, would you look at this?" I saw holding up our championship schedule. "The championship game is after graduation right?"

Chelsea studies the page. It's the morning of our last exam, our world history exam. We were up all night studying, against everyone's arguments. At about three in the morning, Duff got up and told me I should get some sleep. When I tried to tell him that I was almost done, he picked me up and carried me into the room. As for soccer, we made it to the championship game for our division and we're playing Stanford for the championship.

"I'd say so, well graduation is on Friday and this says our game is the Monday." She explains.

"That's kinda weird." I admit and she nods looking at her textbook.

"Do you remember anything?" Chelsea asks longingly. I half smile.

"Some, nine times out of ten I'll forget everything I've ever learnt as soon as I look at the exam." I admit and she smiles.

"You get that to?" She wonders as Duff walks out of my room still half asleep.

"Why are you up so early?" He questions, getting a beer from the fridge.

"Great breakfast, sweetie." I say and he messes up my hair.

"You ready for the exam?" Duff asks and I shrug.

"About as ready as I'll ever been." I answer and he looks to Chelsea.

"About the same." She admits and he shakes his head.

"You'll do fine." Duff encourages and I smile.

Chelsea looks down at her watch.

"We've gotta go, love." She tells me.

I reach across the table and kiss Duff.

"I'll see you later." I say and he nods.

"Good luck." He calls as we head out e door.

A couple days has passed, it was a lot of cramming for last minute soccer practices. So that lead to a lot of drinking on our part. It's Thursday night and graduation is tomorrow, I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

"Queenie, question." I say and she looks up. "If I don't go to the ceremony, do I still graduate?"

"You're going." Voices from the door say.

Axl and Izzy walk in sitting at the table. I'm sitting on the counter and Chelsea is wandering.

"I've got a better question, what happens to Queenie after graduation? Do you get deported?" Izzy smirks.

"Considering I'm an American citizen, I don't see how they can do that." Chelsea smiles.

"You got your green card?" Axl wonders.

"Yeah, I got it my second year here." She explains. "You have to answer a bunch of bullshit questions on the citizenship test as well. Does anyone just know the thirty fifth president off hand?"

"That's JFK, right?" Izzy wonders and looks at Chelsea. "Everyone knows JFK, Queenie."

"You knew that off the top of your head?" Axl wonders and Izzy smiles.

"It would've been anything I said." He laughs.

"Either way, it's still bloody insane. That'd be like me asking about Queen Mary I." Chelsea attempts.

"She had a five year reign and burned Protestants at the stake." I say from behind her. Axl and Izzy laugh when she turns around to face me. "She was like Hitler's spirit animal." I add, she rolls eyes and mutters something.