Goodbyes Suck

Duff

It's August, we all stand in the airport. Chelsea and Taylor had made the US team, they fly into Italy today.  Chelsea is bawling on Izzy's shoulder not wanting to leave him, Taylor is saying goodbye to her brother. I don't want to say goodby to her but I want her to go. Steven hits me in the arm.

"You gonna be alright?" He asks me but I keep looking at Taylor.

"Yeah, I'll be alright. I'm just going to miss her like crazy." I say and he smiles.

"You know she'll miss you to." Steven tells me.

Taylor hugs everyone else goodbye then stands in front of me. Taylor looks up a me, her eyes are watery.

"Hey." She says quietly.

"Hi." I say in the same tone.

I pick her up in a hug, I burry my face in her neck as I hold her off the ground. Taylor holds on to my next tightly and I grip her hips.

"I love you Duff, I'm going to miss you like crazy." Taylor says quietly in my ear.

"You're going to do great, baby. I'm going to watch on TV all the time." I tell her neck, brushing my lips on her neck with every word. "I love you so much, Kitten." I feel the tears well up in my eyes.

Taylor picks up my face and kisses my lips, the tears stream down her face. I want to wipe the tears away but if I do, I'd have to put her down. I don't want to put her down, I don't want her to go. The tears roll down my face and I feel Taylor's thumb wipe them away. Taylor pulls away and I look into her eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, I'm going to miss you like crazy, Taylor Jane." I say and she brushes her lips on mine again.

"I love you." She says quietly. "I'm scared, Duff." She whispers in my ear.

"Don't be, it's what you were born to do, baby." I say in her ear.

"Flight 277 to Venice, on boarding." The voice on the PA echoes. I put her on her feet again.

"That's you, baby." I tell her giving her hand one last squeeze.

"Yeah, okay." Taylor says slinging her carry on over her shoulder, she looks to Queenie. "I love you, all of you." Taylor tells us but we all know that.

"We'll cheer you two on from home." Steven assures them.

"You'll kick ass." Slash adds.

"We'll miss you." Axl finishes.

"Make sure you all eat." Queenie reminds us.

"And beer isn't breakfast." Taylor reminds us. "Don't kill yourselves while we're gone."

"Take care of yourselves to." I add.

"We mean it." Izzy finish.

"You have to go." I say and it nearly kills me, they nod.

"We'll miss you." They say again.

They turn and walk to the gate. Taylor's hand slides through mine as we walks away. I watch her back disappeared, I look up at the ceiling.

"Awe shit." I mutter and Steven puts his hand on my shoulder.

"It's going to be alright man, she'll be back before you know it." Steven tells me as we walk out of the airport.

"Yeah, it's going to be a long few weeks." I say, walking out to my car.

I sit in my car and see something propped against the ash tray. It's a white envelope with Taylor's jagged hand writing, it simply reads Duff. God she had the same idea as me, I slipped it into her carry on before we left her apartment. I pick up the envelope and open it.

Duff,
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I don't even know how to say it, I love you more than breathing, Duff but this is my dream. Being away from you for weeks might just kill me but I have to do this. I'm not going to stop thinking about you my entire time there. Take care of yourself, promise me...wait you can't do that, I'm already on the plane. Take care of yourself, please. Duff, for me, don't kill yourself while I'm gone. Remember to eat. I love you more than anything. I can be in LA in a heartbeat. Michael Andrew McKagan I love you. You're my rocker, my Romeo, my everything.
All my love,
Taylor

I smile down at the letter, and a plane takes off, it might be Taylor's. I smile as the tears roll down my face again.

"I promise, Kitten, I promise." I say quietly.

TJ

I sit on the plane beside Chelsea, I pull my carry on up into my lap. I open it up and grab the new photo album I put together. Filled with pictures of all of us, so I had something to look at when I get homesick.

Chelsea smiles at me and hands me a Polaroid. I flip it over to see Duff and I a few minutes ago, Chelsea must've snapped the picture. He holds me tightly, you can't see our faces, all you see is his blond hair clashing against my red hair. My feet dangle about a foot and a half off the ground. I smile down at the picture, tears streaming down my face.

I open the book to place it in there and I'm greeted by a white envelope graced with Duff's neat writing. I put the picture down and open the letter.

Taylor,
Jesus, I'm proud of you. Are you happy I made you promise to quit smoking now? I'm going to miss you like fucking crazy. Sweet Child O'mine, every time I play that song I think of you, I always have. I'm going to miss you like crazy, be careful, no more broken legs. Try not to miss me to much, alright? You're my calm and my storm, I like it a little better when you're  my wild storm. I'll take care of myself and the other boys, we're the last thing you need to worry about. I love you, Kitten never forget that. You're the rock to my roll.
Duff

I smile down at the letter and tuck it in he envelope again. I tuck it in the pocket of album and go back to the picture. I turn to and open page and tuck it into the sleeve, only after writing on the boarder You're the rock to my roll.  I run my hand over the page.

I love him, I'm going to miss him like crazy.