Chapter Two

In the last few years, the team had outgrown the monastery. Lloyd and Aira had moved their family to a house just a minute down the road. Kai and Skylor had taken over Lloyd and Aira's old room so they had the kids in their old room. Zane and Pixal had taken over the third floor. Jay and Nya were living in a small house right next door to the monastery. Garmadon, Misako, Wu, and Cole, just stayed in their original rooms. They now had several empty dorms that visitors would stay in occasionally. Mainly they remained empty. Everyone still came to the monastery every day. They always had breakfast and lunch there and the ninja would train. Emily, Pixal, and Misako usually watched the children while they were training.

Aira had noticed a sadness in Emily's eyes whenever she saw the children. Ronin had the look too. She hadn't gotten up the courage to ask her about it yet though.

"Auntie Emily," Julia shouted. "Uncle Ronin is asking for you!"

"Tell him I'll be there in a second," Emily said softly. Aira admired how she could stay so quiet and meek all the time.

Emily hurried to the training room where she saw the usually scene before her. Except for one minor detail and that was that Ronin was being supported on either side by Kai and Jay.

"What happened," she asked worriedly.

"Had a little fall," Ronin said. "Nothing to bad."

"Too bad?!" Jay said. "Your leg bone is sticking out if your freaking leg."

Emily began to look panicked.

"Nice going, Zaptrap," Kai said. "He was trying not to worry his wife."

"Oh my goodness," Emily said worriedly. "Bring him into the next room and I'll fix his leg."

"You have to admit," Ronin said. "My wife is the finest healer in Ninjago."

"Good gracious!" Aira said as they brought Ronin down the hall. "What happened?"

"Had a little sparing incident," Jay said nervously.

"Who were you sparing?" Aira asked.

"Kai."

"It was an accident!" Kai said loudly.

"Daddy, what did you do to Uncle Ronin?" Katrina asked.

"Nothing, Sweetie, go back to your studies," Kai said.

The older children were all homeschooling. They almost had a mini school of their own. Pixal and Zane usually oversaw their studies.

"Mommy! I think Daddy accidentally hurt Uncle Ronin!"

"That's not going back to your studies," Kai said rolling his eyes.

*********************************

"That's final!" Emily said firmly.

"Are you kidding?" Ronin groaned. "No sparing for two whole months?"

"You're lucky I'm letting you start again that soon," Emily said firmly. "You are also lucky that it was only one break and there was no bone splintering."

"Fine," Ronin hurrumphed.

"Now cheer up!" Emily said smiling. Ronin still frowned and she pretended to think. "Well, I suppose I have something that might cheer you up."

"And what is that pray tell?" Ronin said still grumpily.

"I'm pregnant!"

"What?! Finally!" Ronin shouted smiling.

"I'm so happy!" Emily laughed but then frowned. "I just really hope there are no complications this time."

"Maybe we should tell Sensei Wu this time," Ronin said worriedly. "He might be able to help."

"I suppose," she said. "But what if it's me? Ronin, if I had been able to carry out the other pregnancies we would have three children by now."

Emily started to cry at the thought of her dead children.

"Hush, this one will be different," Ronin said confidently. "But we are talking to Sensei Wu."

"Alright," Emily smiled. "He will probably be able to help."

*******************************

"Get out!" Aira shouted. "That's awesome!"

"Yet you still look worried," Pixal said wisely.

"Promise you won't tell anyone but your husbands," Emily said.

"Promise," Aira and Pixal said in unison.

"This isn't the first time I've been pregnant," she said sadly. "We've been trying to have children for almost six years now. I've had three miscarriages."

"Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry," Aira said hugging her tightly.

"Well, since you have moved closer to the monastery: Zane, Sensei Wu, and I will be able to help you carry this child to term," Pixal stated.

"I hope so," Emily said. "I don't think I can bare the loss of another baby."

"Hey, we ninja women are now experts in prenatal care," Aira said. "Don't worry."

"Okay, I-"

Emily was interrupted by a desperate knocking at the front door. Aira looked confused but ran to the door and answered it.

"Mrs. Cravenshaw?" She asked. Mrs. Cravenshaw was a neighbor down the street. She was an elderly sweet little thing.

"You have to help me!" She screeched.

"What's wrong?" Aira asked in alarm.

"It's them! It's-" she stopped short and gasped.

Then she fell forward. Julia was standing nearby and she screamed.

"Daddy!"

Aira tried to support the old woman but slipped and fell. Lloyd came running down the hall.

"What's wrong!" Lloyd took one look at the lady and covered Julia's eyes.

"She is bleeding! Why is she bleeding, Daddy!?"

"Come here, Julia," Garmadon said quickly pulling the child to him.

"Grandpa, what's wrong with her?"

Garmadon didn't answer but looked at Lloyd. He was bending over Mrs. Cravenshaw to take her pulse. She had a puncture wound in her back.

Aira was trying not to cry. She was a defenseless old woman! Who would do something like this?

"She's gone," Lloyd said sadly.

"The poor woman," Aira said crying. "How are we going to tell her husband? He is all alone now!"

"I don't think we will have to tell him," Lloyd said standing. He was looking into the courtyard. Mr. Cravenshaw was lying face down in a pool of blood.

"Get the children inside and shut the gates!" Lloyd shouted.

"Mommy," Julia screamed and pointed at something outside. It was pointed directly at Aira.

Aira turned to see some sort of weapon go off. Lloyd shouted something inaudible. She screamed and braced herself for impact. But impact never came. Aira lifted her head slowly and saw a large piece of metal hovering in front of her. It was surrounded by green energy.

"Lloyd, is that you doing that?" She asked shakily.

"No," Lloyd said open mouthed. "It's Julia."

A/n- Dun dun dun!! Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment! -LL_17