Chapter Three

Aira gaped at her daughter. She regained her senses long enough to hit a button on the control panel. They had installed a defense system. The gates closed and the walls began to rise into the sky. They rose to make a large impenetrable dome around the monastery and the buildings surrounding it.

"Julia, can you drop the object?" Lloyd asked bending down on one knee.

"I don't know what I'm doing?" Julia said crying. "Daddy, how do I make it stop?"

"Just calm down," Lloyd said gently. "Just imagine placing the object on the floor."

Julia squeezed her eyes shut. The object began to lower to the ground.

"It's so heavy!" She shouted.

Suddenly the green energy around it disappeared and it started to fall; but Lloyd caught it and gently lowered it to the floor.

"Julia, you saved Mommy's life," Aira breathed. "I'm so proud of you."

"I don't even know what I did," Julia said. "Do I have the same powers as Daddy?"

"Yes, yes you do, Sweetheart," she said gently tucking Julia's blond hair behind her ear.

"Zane, analyze this bullet like thing," Lloyd said.

"Lloyd, talk to you daughter," Aira said.

"I will but we need to take care of this first," Lloyd said almost harshly.

Aira gave him a funny look but he ignored her. Something was off.

When they had finished setting up defense systems, Aira went to find Lloyd. He was standing in his old room looking out the window.

"Lloyd, what was that about earlier?" Aira asked.

"I don't know what your talking about," he said.

"Don't give me that. You know damn well what I'm talking about," Aira said heatedly. "Your daughter was scared! She doesn't know how to use her powers! You ignored her!"

"Of course I didn't, Aira," he shouted. "But there was a woman lying dead on our doorstep. Again. What was that, the third time?"

"Don't change the subject," Aira said pointing a finger.

"Look, I'm going to talk to her don't worry," Lloyd said. "I'll show her how to use them."

"But you weren't happy when she got them," Aira said less angry now. "Don't try and deny it. I know you too well."

"It's not that I'm unhappy. I'm excited my daughter has my abilities," Lloyd assured. "But I was almost hoping they wouldn't get any powers."

"Why?" Aira asked calmly. She wasn't angry anymore.

"Because then they wouldn't be expected to fight," Lloyd said. "They wouldn't be in harms way."

"Lloyd, your such a protective father," she said hugging him from behind. "But you knew they would most likely have powers. And not all of them might. Only Julia has them."

"But I'm the green ninja," Lloyd said. "You know what my uncle said."

"That all of your children will most likely have powers because yours are so strong," Aira said. "What you can do now to protect them is train them."

"I know," Lloyd said. "If Julia has her powers at this age then the other children will most likely get them soon. I expected the powers not to show till they were at least ten. I guess I was wrong."

"They will be okay," Aira assured.

"Will they?"

"They have a good father and uncle to protect them," Air said kissing his cheek. "Sorry for yelling at you by the way."

"Were you yelling?" He teased.

"Good answer."

"Daddy?"

"Julia, come here," Lloyd said holding out a hand.

Julia came up and took his hand. He sat on the bed and pulled her onto his lap.

"Do you know what happened today?"

"I got ele-ele-"

"Elemental," Lloyd helped.

"Ya, I can't say that word," she said scratching her head. Aira tried not to laugh at her plight. "But I got the same powers as you."

"I'm going to teach you to control them," Lloyd said. "But you have to promise never to use them unless an adult is around or if you and others are in danger. Understood?"

"Yes, Daddy," she said sweetly. "Will Xavier and Haden get powers?"

"We will have to wait and see," Lloyd said smiling.

"Why did I get them first?"

"Just because," Lloyd said shrugging.

"Works like puberty I suppose," Aira said under her breath.

"What's puberty?" Julia asked.

"Uh- you'll find out when your older," Aira laughed.

"Okay, can I go play now?"

"Yes, but be careful," Lloyd said. She jumped off his lap and ran from the room.

"Really? Puberty?"

"What? It's true," Aira said.

"I wouldn't know," Lloyd said.

"That is so not fair. You got to skip puberty," Aira grumped. "If only the kids knew that you were-well, you would be twenty now I suppose."

"And I have two six year olds and a three year old," Lloyd said laughing. "And I'm supposed to be only twenty."

"Okay, good point," she conceded.

"Gosh, I can't believe I'm going to be biologically twenty-nine this year," he groaned. "I'm getting so old."

"Don't complain," Aira laughed. "Kai is turning thirty this year. And thirty isn't even old."

"Poor Kai," Lloyd laughed.

"Lloyd, I finished analyzing the data," Zane said from the doorway. "My analysis was incomplete. I have been unable to find record of-"

"Basically you have no idea what this thing is?"

"Precisely."

"I want to know what new enemy we are up against," Lloyd said. "I think we have some research to do."

A/n- haha Lloyd thinks twenty-nine is old xD I wonder what his dad would say to that. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17