Chaptet Eleven

*Two weeks later*

Amaya was sitting on the rocks next to the monastery's little lake. She was thinking. Emily's funeral had been almost a week ago. It was hard time for everyone right now. Even the children cried at night.

Ronin had disappeared after the funeral. The only person that knew where he was, was Amaya. He wouldn't have told anyone but he felt obligated to tell her because she was carrying his baby.

Zane said the procedure had been one hundred percent successful. The baby had adapted to her body and she was all healed from the surgery. Amaya felt so weird. She still couldn't believe that she had two other people's child inside of her.

"Amaya?"

"Oh, hello, Aira," Amaya said quietly.

"How do you feel?" Aira asked sitting down next to her.

"Fine health wise," Amaya answered. "Heart wise, I'm not so sure."

"I understand completely."

"Can I ask you a question?" Amaya suddenly asked.

"You just did," Aira smiled. Saying that brought back memories of the day she and Lloyd became friends.

Amaya smiled and ignored her comment, "how could you forgive me?"

"I'll admit it wasn't easy at first," Aira confided. "But do you want to know how my husband and I met?"

"How?"

"I was a thief when we first met," she said laughing. Amaya's eyes widened.

"When you said you were like me, I didn't realize you meant you were actually like me," Amaya said.

"You know that scar Lloyd has above his eyebrow?" Aira asked. "The one he tries to hide with his hair?"

"Yes."

"I gave that to him on the first day we met," Aira laughed again at the memory. "Sensei Wu found me and gave me a job at the Four Winds tea shop. Lloyd recognized me but you know what?"

"What?"

"He didn't say anything."

"Huh? Why?" Amaya asked.

"I wondered that too. Then about a week later he was taking over for Misako in the shop," Aira continued. "I asked him why. He said he was once like me which he was. I won't go into that but just know he was. He said everyone deserves a second chance and he gave me one. Then here almost eight years later, we are married and have three kids. Who would've though?"

"That is a really cool story," Amaya said smiling.

"And I wanted to give you the chance to have a story like that," Aira said smiling.

"Thank you," Amaya said. Tears began to form in her eyes and then she brushed them away quickly.

"I'm very proud of what you did for Emily and Ronin," Aira said. "I probably wouldn't have had the courage to do that if I was single and no children yet."

"You would've done it."

"I'd like to think so," Aira shrugged.

"Aira!" Lloyd yelled from the monastery. "I'm about to go insane! Can you come help me with these wild things called children?"

"Well, duty calls," Aira said standing. "I'll see ya later."

"Aira!"

"I'm coming, Lloyd! Sheesh!"

Amaya laughed at their interaction. Yes, they fought sometimes but most of the time it was playful banter and not serious arguments. They had an amazing family. Maybe she could have one like that some day?

Amaya was roused from her thoughts when she saw something in the water. She carefully bent down and fished it out. It was a lock of hair. What was a lock of hair doing in the lake? She decided to take it to Sensei Wu. Before she could do that however she ran into Cole, literally.

"Oh good gracious," she shouted as he passed through her.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" He said coming back around to face her.

"How often do you go through people?" She asked shaking off the feeling.

"Maybe you should ask how many people go through me."

"I see your point," she said. Then she cocked her head at him.

"What are you staring at?"

"You had jet black hair right?" She asked.

"Um, yes?"

"Did you ever loose a lock of your hair before you became a ghost?"

"I have no idea," he said giving her a funny look. "Why do you ask?"

Amaya held out the hair and he raised an eyebrow. He took it from her and smelled it. She looked at him like he was crazy.

"Don't look at me like that," Cole laughed. "I used a special shampoo to wash my hair. The scent literally never goes away."

"Well, it's been in a lake for who know how long," Amaya said.

"It's my hair though," he said raising an eyebrow. "How did it get there? And how is it still there? It's been almost eight and a half years since I became a ghost."

"I don't know," she said. "This smells fishy."

"My hair does not smell like fish," he said sarcastically. Amaya rolled her eyes.

"Maybe we should talk to Sensei Wu about this," Amaya said carefully.

"About my hair?"

"Yes, something doesn't feel right here," Amaya said uneasily.

"Sure, I guess if you want to," Cole shrugged.

"Hey! Uncle Muscle!"

"Stephanie, how are you so sarcastic at a five years old?" Cole asked. Amaya smiled. Stephanie didn't know that she was her actual aunt by blood. "If you're this sarcastic now, I wonder how you're going to act as a teenager."

"You tell me," she said laughing. "Wanna see what I can do?"

"Sure," he said placing his hands on his knees and bending to her level.

Stephanie lifted a hand and looked like she was thinking really hard. Suddenly one of the statues began to move. It's hand snaked out and grabbed at Cole. Cole yelped in surprise.

"Stephanie, are you using magic?" Cole asked worriedly.

"I dunno," she shrugged.

"Okay, I guess we have two things to talk to Sensei about," Cole said with a sigh. He walked inside, and Amaya and Stephanie followed.

A/n- Sorry for the late update. It's been a very long and very busy day. I get a lot of homework at a college preparatory school and in college. Just to warn you, I may not be able to update ever day. I will do my best but I am super busy now. I have school from 8:30 to 3:00 and I have to work, do homework, and not to mention study. I'll be even busier once my volleyball season starts. Don't worry though. I'll try never to go more than one day without updating. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17