the twentieth goal

All of a sudden, Amelia couldn't feel anything. And she didn't want to. She merely felt as if she were nothing, only the air feeling very cold on her skin.

But Manuel felt everything at once. His hand dropped from Amelia's and his legs felt weak. 

The doctors tried to explain, but Manuel couldn't respond. Sound rushed to his ears as he looked at Amelia. The air had been sucked out of her lungs.

Amelia stared out with a blank expression. There were no tears, no gasps, nothing. Just a silent room, eyes on Amelia.

And Amelia felt dead.

____________________________________

The world felt empty. Manuel tapped Thomas on the shoulder. Thomas looked up.

They met each other's eyes, both tear streaked. Manuel's eyes were bloodshot, as if he had been crying for hours, which was true.

"Thomas. The baby is dead." Manuel said.

Thomas's eyes widened as his head fell into his hands again. Manuel walked away.

Manuel walked until he reached his car. Amelia had fallen asleep without a single tear. She didn't ask for Manuel to hold her. Manuel didn't understand the lack of emotion, but couldn't question it.

Manuel sat in his car and drove for a few moments before the pouring rain became too much for him to handle.

Manuel pulled over and his emotions overtook him. Manuel sobbed and didn't stop, even when his throat felt tight and his blood felt drained out of his head. He didn't want to hurt and he didn't want Amelia to hurt. But they both hurt like hell.

Manuel cried like he never had before. Everything hurt. Everything in his being felt pain. And it was emphasizing with every sob.

____________________________________

William saw his sister and his stomach dropped. Something was incredibly wrong. Amelia was sitting up. She didn't know where Manuel was, and honestly, he had probably ran away. He didn't want her anymore, now that he wasn't bound by a baby.

Amelia saw her brother and her eyes threatened to give in and cry. She felt a lump in her throat, but gulped.

"You got what you wanted, William. The baby is dead." Amelia said simply. Those were the only words that she had said since the news.

Lena had to hold William close as he gasped. Lena had a tear spilling down her face, just in sight of Amelia and how lost she looked.

Lena could feel the emptiness just by looking at Amelia's eyes. Amelia wouldn't meet eyes with anyone, she just looked across them as if they were ghosts.

"Amelia. Amelia please that's not what I meant, I'm so so sorry. I'm so sorry Amelia," William cried, trying to hug her. Amelia just looked past him.

No tears, no tears, Amelia repeated to herself. 

And there were no tears.

____________________________________

Manuel finally returned, crying until he realized that Amelia was probably in more pain. He entered his room, and according to Thomas, Amelia was prescribed bed rest or else her health could deteriorate.

Manuel opened the door, a bouquet of flowers in his hand. The flowers were all different colors except purple, Amelia hated those. Manuel also had M&M's, also Amelia's favorite (Manuel had to handpick out the brown ones because Amelia didn't see the point of a chocolate colored chocolate candy, of course)

It was quiet, small sniffles from the bed.

"MIAAAAA! I LOVE YOUUUUU!" Manuel screamed crazily as he closed the door behind him. He tried to sound as happy as he could, given the circumstances.

Amelia opened her eyes to the noise and looked at him. Amelia hadn't slept a bit since the previous day and her eyes begged her to take a rest, but every time she tried she saw a happy baby staring at her.

"I love you too," and her eyes welled with tears that came pouring down. Manuel dropped his gifts and laid next to her. His arms wrapped her up and he rocked her back and forth as the tears stained his shirt.

Amelia cried for the first time since she lost the baby. She could finally accept it and Manuel was finally with her.

Manuel made sure that he knew that she hadn't done anything wrong. It was no one's fault. It was just something bad that had happened and now they had a chance to restart.

Just each other. Together. They could make it work. Manuel would make it work.

____________________________________

Author's Note

I hope you liked it! 

Comment on what you think will happen next!

Ship someone #manelia #wena #tibby

I LOVE YOU!!! <3 THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH 

IMPORTANT: THE LAST BOOK IN THIS TRILOGY IS *DRUMROLL* FAITH (MARIO GOTZE) :)) IM SO SOSOSSOSOSOSOSO EXCITED BROS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW 

THIS BOOK WILL HAVE AROUND 2 MORE CHAPTERS :) I LOVE YOU!!