Chapter 15

Tammy hated being pregnant. She hated her crazy ex-boyfriend Derek for getting her pregnant. She hated the swollen feet and stretch marks. Most of all she hated her baby. She was trapped because of the baby she carried. She banged her hands against the locked door, screaming for her release. 

"Let me go! I'll hurt this baby! Let me go dammit!" 

Her cried ended in a sob. She hadn't heard from her captor in hours. The stale bread she had been given earlier still sat on its tray, waiting to be eaten. Tammy wondered if she could hurt herself. It probably wouldn't do her any good. If her baby became hurt, Tammy's life would be over. She had to figure out a way to escape. 

------------------------------------

Back at Majestic Waters, Dani was watching a curly-haired brunette flirt with Jax. 

"You're really a son of the Michaels family? You have a brother named Jackson, right? I went to private school with him. He was so handsome. So are you by the way," the woman smiled.

Dani wanted to gag. Where was curly-sue's husband, anyway? She looked around to see her older husband talking to Molly. Dani cleared her throat before grabbing Jax's arm, "Honey Bunches of Oats, aren't we supposed to be working on our meditations?"

"Honey bunches of what?" Jax laughed, ignoring the pouting curly-haired woman.

"You heard me," Dani muttered, dragging Jax away. "What is with this place? Is it like an undercover front for cheaters?"

"Why do you say that? Because that woman was trying too hard to get in my pants?"

Dani shoved him away, "Well you weren't exactly discouraging her, were you?"

"What am I supposed to say? Excuse me, but please don't flirt with me. My fiancee gets jealous."

"Me? Jealous? Dream on Jaxass," Dani crossed her arms and turned away from his smug expression.

"And wake up from such a delicious dream? Of Dani Deleon, my one and only Panda Eyes, acting jealous? I don't think so."

"I told you I'm not jealous. I just didn't want our cover to be blown since you two couldn't stay away from one another. One of us has to be alert."

"What are you talking about? She's the one that approached me. She went to school with my brother."

"Your brother, the possible killer?" Dani asked quietly. 

Jax nodded. Thinking of his brother made him think of Vivian, his ex-fiancee. She had been murdered. He looked over at Dani who was staring back at him, concern all over her face. He gave a weak smile, "Don't worry Panda Eyes. I had no intention of cheating on you. It's weird, you know?"

"What's weird?"

"I'm so used to carrying Vivian here," he pointed to his heart. "I sometimes feel like I'm betraying her."

"You don't have to feel guilty. It's just make-believe Jax."

He stared at Dani who was biting her lower lip, "Is it?"

Dani didn't have an answer for him. 

"Are you two finished?" Shelly asked, coming up to them. "Bo and I just finished our meditation.  We really feel relaxed now. We're really hoping we pass stage one soon."

"I'm so confused," Dani said. "Who gets to decide if you pass stage one or not?"

"The doctors do," Bo answered. "If they feel you're ready, you take a dip in the lake which is blessed. Apparently, a couple will become pregnant the night after the woman goes into the lake."