~ Epilogue ~

Dolores winked at Roberto before placing a stack of blueberry crepes in front of him, "I see you skipped the peanut butter banana pancakes today."

"I gotta watch my girlish figure," Roberto said, patting his stomach. "I've gained ten pounds since my partner started dating Dani."

"We also serve salads," Dolores reminded him. "You don't have to get pancakes each time you come."

"Why don't you just give me a million dollars and ask me not to spend it too while you're at it, Dolores."

"Don't you ever stop eating?" Jax asked his partner as he slid into the booth across from Roberto. "Hi Dolores. Is Dani here?"

"She was in the kitchen talking to the cook about French food. I'll tell her you're looking for her," Dolores sauntered off as Jax watched his partner stuff an entire crepe into his mouth.

A few moments later, Dani walked towards them, "Slow down there, Roberto. Your food isn't going to run away."

"Hi Dani," Roberto smiled. "Your cook here is amazing. These crepes are life."

"Ummm...okay. I'll tell him."

"Dani, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Jax asked.

She turned back to Dolores and Oliver and mouthed that she was taking her break. Dolores wiggled her eyebrows and nodded. Once they were outside, Dani groaned, "I'll have you know that she still doesn't believe me when I tell her we didn't get engaged and that we're not really dating."

"You already told her?" Jax asked hesitantly.

"Of course. With everything that happened, I had to. Should I have waited?"

Jax scratched the back of head, and leaned against the diner, "I don't know...would that have been such a bad thing? Her thinking that we're dating?"

"Jax, I don't want to rush you."

"Rush me?"

"You know I can see people's nightmares, right?"

Jax shrugged, "Yeah, so?"

"So...I saw something."

"About me? Or you saw one of my nightmares?"

Dani nodded.

"Can I ask what you saw?"

"I think you know what I saw," Dani looked away from Jax's unwavering blue eyes.

"My brother? Vivian? My brother killed the woman I loved. I have these dreams where I'm watching it and not able to do anything to stop it. I'm totally powerless. I'd be lying if that didn't scare me."

"So what are you going to do? About your brother?"

"I don't know but I think I need to start looking for him. Maybe try and get them to reopen Vivian's case."

"She's still very important to you."

"She was the woman I loved."

Dani felt something twist in her chest. She started to walk away, when Jax grabbed her hand. Dani tried twisting out of his grasp, "Don't touch me. Do you want me to see your nightmares again?"

"Do you think I mind? I have nothing to hide from you, Dani. Nothing."

"What do you want from me Jax?"

"A chance. All I want is a chance."

"For what? You said it yourself. Vivian is the woman you love. I don't know if you realize this, but for someone like me...opening up to someone...dating...it's a big deal. It's a big scary deal and I'm not up for getting my heart broken."