4. The falling

I wake up, and Dani is still sleeping. She is probably going to feel like shit today. After her long night of walking, well, I did most of the walking. I got out of bed, dressing myself in blue jeans, and black hoodie. I walk out the door. When I came back, I had bags full of food and drinks for both of us. Dani sits up in her bed feeling bad. I could see it in her eyes, when she saw me walking in the door, even though she had a smile on her face. I take out the burgers and the water bottles and she thanks me for everything. I have never seen someone so happy for getting food, she ate it and enjoyed it, and I could see it in her face expression. I got so lost on her that I almost forgot my own food.

When we were finished, I took the garbage out. By the time I came back, Dani had changed and she stands in the middle of the room, in black sweatpants and a white tank top. I watch her and I cannot stop. I feel my knees weaken; feet please do not fail me now. My heart is beating faster as it is about to fly out of my chest, my hands are shaking, my palms warm and sweaty. My eyes study her, every inch of her skin. I look at her really look at her. Slim fit body, beautiful green eyes, oh God those eyes, they could even have melted Titanic's iceberg before it hit. Her perfect mouth, smile. She smiles. Oh, shit. I walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind me, and sit down. Too afraid to talk. Terrified my words would be wrong or my voice would sound shaky. Just like my body felt. Everything is wrong, my breathing, heart, body and my thoughts. Is it possible to lose control over your own body, or even let it control you? I wash my hands, and carefully my face not too hard on the blue side of my face. It looks better, but you can still see it clearly.

When I open the door, Dani is sitting in her bed reading a book. I walk in, and she smile to me up from her book. I sit down on my bed looking out the window. Not sure what I am looking for.

"So... What do you study?" Dani ask I turn my head around and find her eyes, and I look down to the floor.

"Writing" I answer, short.

"You?"

"Dancing" I look up at her with shock. I did not see that coming, well I should have, look at that body.

"That's amazing" I tell her and smile. Her whole face lightens up.

"Well, tell that to my mom, " she says.

"Doesn't she like your choice?"

"No, she wants me to do something more settling, when you work as a dancer you are a lot on the move, if you are not lucky to get something permanent" she says smiling.

"So you want to dance on stage or something like, I don't know, music videos?" I ask curiously. She thinks for a while.

"I don't mind both," she says, smiling and I nod.

Today is my first day at college. Dani looks excited to, she cannot decide what to wear. Between the black, and the white tank top. I recommend the white one. She looks good in it, I like it.

"You must be pretty good?" I ask.

"Pretty good at what?"

"Dancing"

"I survive," she says smiling.

"Maybe I can see you one day, " she looks at me.

"That would be nice, and maybe I can teach you some one day to" I started to laugh.

"Me? I can barely stand on my feet" Dani laughs.

"Well, you saw me falling on my face the other day, so..." we both laugh.

Our relationship is getting better and I like it. It is better to walk out the door with a smile on my face, than a blue one. I am glad that I have finally made a friend, if that is what we are.