Twelve and Clara & Eleven and the Ponds

Twelve and Clara + Eleven with the Ponds

"Where are we?" Clara asked looking at the hallway in front of her. It looked as if the TARDIS had landed inside a hotel.

"I don't know I put it on random, let's have a look around" the Doctor said, he walked out the TARDIS followed by his companion. 

"But it's just a hotel, let's go to another planet" Clara whined wanting a space adventure and not a boring hotel.

"This place looks awfully familiar" the Doctor commented looking at Clara.

"No shit Sherlock, it looks like a hotel" Clara said walking through the hallway with the Doctor by her side.

"I think I've been here before" the Doctor whispered before the time travelers got distracted by sounds coming from the end of the hallway.

"Finally something is happening" Clara excitedly said walking towards the sounds. She discovered that the noise came from a room.

"Clara, No. Wai-" the Doctor yelled but Clara already had opened the room. Her eyes widened at the view in front of her.

"Maybe it's something to do with the people, some connection between the four of you that'll tell me how to fight it." A familiar voice said.

The Doctor joined Clara at the door and looked at the four people in the room. A certain ginger-haired woman noticed the duo.

"Doctor, we got more people" She alarmed the man with the bowtie. The man turned around to take a look at the new visitors.

"Ah, Hello there. Don't be afraid I'm here to help" He told them with a small assuring smile.

Clara's eyes widened as she looked at the younger Doctor, she had never seen him wear that outfit. He looked younger in it and less dark.

"I'm John Smith and this is Clara Oswald" The Twelfth Doctor informed the younger Doctor with a grin pushing Clara further into the room and closing the door behind when he followed Clara.

"I'm the Doctor, that's Amy" he pointed at Amy who waved. "That's Rory" he nodded at a man who gave the duo a smile. "And that's Gibbis" the younger Doctor introduced them.

"Hello" Gibbis replied

"We have to focus on the problem before someone else dies" the younger Doctor suddenly said turning seriously.

"Wait someone died?" Clara said in shock.

"Amy inform our new visitors about what we know while I think about a solution" The younger Doctor ordered Amy who nodded and walked towards the duo.

"Okay, so. There's a beast who chooses his next victim based on their fears. This floor is filled with rooms and in every room there's a fear from someone, your room will be here too. When someone says Praise him it means that you're his next victim. You'll keep repeating those words until you willingly go to the beast. Then he kills you. Also there's no exit from this building so we're stuck here" Amy quickly explained.

"Do you think the Doctor can help us?" Clara asked curiously not liking the situation.

"Look, he'll work it out. He always does. Just let him riff and move anything expensive out of his way" Amy told Clara.

"Oh no. Oh, no, no." They heard the younger Doctor mumble.

"Doctor what's wrong?" Amy asked reading his expression.

"It's not fear, it's faith. Not just religious faith, faith in something. Howard believed in conspiracies, the external forces controlled the world. Joe had dice cufflinks and a chain with a horseshoe. He was a gambler. Gamblers believe in luck, an intangible force that helps them win or lose. Gibbis has rejected any personal autonomy and is waiting for the next batch of invaders to oppress him and tell him what to do." The younger Doctor ran his hand through his hair as he continued.