Chapter 1

Chapter One

I was laying across my bed with my book on my pillows. My head propped in my hands intently reading, when my mother came into my room.

"Elizabeth, I wish you would go to bed, it is very late."

"Alright mom. Can I finish this chapter first?"

"Fine, then please go to sleep."

I finished reading the chapter, closed the book and put it on my nightstand. I got up and walked to my closet to change into my pajamas. Then I crossed the room over to my bed and crawled under the covers. I reached up to turn out the light and rolled back over. I wasn't tired but I still fell asleep quickly.

What I did not realize was I wasn't alone. My best friend's brother, Micheal, had snuck in while I slept. After watching me sleep for a few minutes he moved to wake me.

"Elizabeth," he whispered as he shook my shoulder gently. "Elizabeth please wake up."

"Who's there?" I exclaimed as I quickly sat up and reached for the light. I sighed in relief when I saw Micheal.

"I need to tell you something." he sad to me.

"Micheal, what could you possibly have to tell me that couldn't wait until morning?"

"Liza you're in serious danger. I need to protect you. But I can't do that unless you listen to me!"

"What are you doing Micheal?" asked a mysterious voice from my closet.

I gasped as a man dressed completely in black, with black spiky hair emerged from my closet. He scared me so much, I looked quickly to Micheal who seemed just as terrified as I was.

"I am trying to protect her!" he said more calmy than he appeared.

"From what Micheal?"

"A wrongful marriage and possible death!"

"Do you really think I would marry a woman then kill her?"

"Yes!"

The man chuckled, shaking his head. Then he looked back at me.

"No, I would just keep her prisoner."

My voice found its way back and I squeaked out in fear.

"Micheal. Who Is he?"

"Oh, I'm sorry that was rude of me, I'm Kalab."

"Am I supposed to know you?"

"No, you probably won't, you were much to young."

"What do you mean?" I was so confused. Was there part of my life that I was missing out on? That had been hidden from my memories. I couldn't remember him at all, I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Do you want me to tell her or should you Micheal?" He asked turning to Micheal.

"No, I will, but get out of here. I don't want you to add anything she doesn't need to know, or anything that will frighten her."

Kalab's footsteps retreated into the hallway and stopped next to the door.

"Let's go while he's not in here." Michea whispered.

"How? We're on the second floor and the only exit is right past him."

Micheal walked over to me sitting on the bed. He swiftly threw me on his back and told me to hold on tight. He then jumped out the window and landced on his feet.