Chapter 12

TINSLEY

I wake up in the morning to tiny hands touching my cheeks. "Hi, baby boy." I smile down at Abel. "You share the bed much better than your daddy."

Abel giggles as if he knows what I'm talking about; then rests his head on my shoulder, slobbering all over my skin.

"Let's go see if your cousins are awake." I get out of bed and straddle Abel on my hip.

Walking down the hall I stop at the nursery first. Peeking into the room, I see Ellie still asleep on the foldout couch.

I close the door quietly and tiptoe down the hall but realize it's unnecessary when I find Kenny watching cartoons with a poptart in hand.

"Hey, kiddo." I smile.

"Hi, Aunt T." He says. He gets up to give me a hug and throw his wrapper away.

"You still hungry?" I ask as he takes Abel from me so I can make a bottle.

Kenny nods as the phone rings on the counter across the kitchen. He reaches for the bottle, still holding Abel. "You got this?" I ask as I hand him the formula.

"Definitely." He grins, taking it and giving it to the happy baby in his arms.

I smile at the boys before darting across the room, grabbing the phone before it clicks over to the answering machine.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe." Jax says.

I pant, slightly out of breathe. "Hi." I grin, happy to hear his voice.

"Everything ok?" He asks.

"Yea, just been busy with all three kids." I say.

There's a pause before he continues. "I'm sorry you had to watch them."

"You contributed one out of the three. If anyone should be apologizing, it's my brother." I laugh.

"We're getting ready to leave now. We'll be home in a couple hours."

Jax sounds off and it worries me. "Are things ok?"

He sighs.

"Jax?" I press.

"Meet me at the clubhouse around 11, I need to talk to you; and have someone watch the kids."

"What do you mean?" My eyebrows come together in a frown. "Jackson what's going on?"

"Relax." He chuckles realizing I'm thinking the worst. "It's not that kind of talk, I just need to show you something."

"Alright." I agree. "See you at 11."

"Love you, babe." He says.

"I love you, too." I say before pressing the off button and setting the phone back in its cradle.

JAX

I let my mind wander on the ride home. I think of Abel and Tinsley; of our future together and how the club may interfere with my family.

I know telling Tinsley about my father's manuscript is the right thing to do and pushing SAMCRO into a more legit way of earning is the only way to keep them safe.

When we pull up to the compound my mom and a few crow eaters are waiting out front but I don't see Tinsley.

I shut off my bike and Clay storms into the clubhouse, completely ignoring Gemma.

"Hey, Ma." I hug her.

She looks frustrated. "What was that about?" She asks referring to Clay.