Chapter 14

JAX

"Nomad?" Tinsley says, searching my face for certainty. "You're sure?" She reaches out and grabs my forearm.

The second I feel her touch, I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her into me. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore, Tins. Shit's stopped making sense." I whisper into her hair.

"This will break Gemma's heart." She tries to reason.

I release a quick breath, shaking my head. "I don't give a damn what my mom wants."

"There's no coming back from this." Tinsley stares into my eyes, her honesty chilling.

"You don't want me to do it." I say, thinking she disapproves of the decision.

"No." She shakes her head, reaching up to touch my cheek. "I want you to be absolutely certain this is what you want."

"It is." I say but for whatever reason I can't meet her eyes as the words come from my mouth.

Tinsley knows it's not the truth. "Are you sure you're not running from Clay? Trying to protect Abel? Or me?"

I'm silent. I can't bring myself to deny what she's just said.

"Think about it." She whispers. "And when you're sure, call a vote. I'll follow you anywhere. You know that."

I lean down, pressing my forehead to hers. "I can't live without you."

"You don't have to." Her hands find their way around my neck, her fingers gently playing with the ends of my hair.

Tinsley's face smiles up at me and I stare at her delicate features, appreciating their perfection. She looks the same as the day she left, it's like time has stood still until we were brought back together.

"What?" She frowns slightly, catching me staring.

The corners of my mouth pull up into my usual lopsided grin. "You're beautiful."

"Are you ok?" Tinsley smirks. "You're being weird."

"Oh well excuse me for trying to be romantic." I snort. "Let's go home." I kiss the tip of her nose and she lets out a giggle. "Where's the kid?"

"He's with my brother." She says

I remember I don't have my bike. "How'd you get here?"

"I came with your mom." Tinsley says. "We can just walk to Op's house; it's not far and I have your truck there."

Taking hold of her soft hand, I lead her from the still dark garage and out into the parking lot.

TINSLEY

When we get to Opie's, I leave Jax downstairs with my brother and head up the stairs to wake Abel.

The little boy looks confused and rubs his eyes as I lift him from his travel crib. By the time we rejoin Jax and Op in the living room, he's sound asleep again with his head on my shoulder.

Jax looks up as we enter the room, smiling as he sees his son. "See ya, bro." He tells my brother as he wraps an arm around my shoulder leading me to the door where Abel's car seat waits on the floor.

Luckily I'm able to transfer the sleeping boy without waking him again and Jax takes the carrier from me as we walk toward the truck.

We get in and the ride back to the house is spent in comfortable silence.

"Go get ready for bed. I've got Abel." Jax says as he unlocks the front door.

I walk into our bedroom and instantly unbutton my jeans, pulling them down my legs after kicking off my flip flops. My shirt and bra come off next as I enter the bathroom, leaving a trail of clothing in my wake.