Chapter 17

TINSLEY

I'm busy packing Abel's bag the next morning when Jax walks into the kitchen. "You almost ready?" He asks.

"Mhmm." I nod. "My bag is done and I just finished the diaper bag."

Suddenly Abel's cooing floats down the hallway and I stand to go get him.

"I got him, babe." Jax smiles, playfully slapping my butt.

An involuntary groan finds its way from my mouth. "Ow." I frown.

"Still sore from last night?" Jax smirks.

I shoot him a glare. "Watch your mouth, Jackson Nathaniel."

"Yes ma'am." He chuckles before going to retrieve our son.

When he comes back into the kitchen I press a kiss to Abel's chubby cheek before handing Jax the diaper bag. I then stand up on my tip toes to kiss the older Teller.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Darlin', you know that right? This lockdown is just a precaution." Jax says.

"I know." I nod but I'm still nervous. "Just promise me you'll be careful."

"Always, babe. You know I'd never do anything that would take me away from you or Abel."

"We both know that's a lie." I say and Jax can't look me in the eye.

He pulls me against his chest, pressing his lips to the top of my head. "If prison or dying keeps you and our boy safe you know I'll do it. I have to."

"Let's not talk about dying." I say, pulling back just far enough so I can see his blue eyes. "I love you, Jackson."

"I love you more." He kisses my lips, then passes Abel over to me; grabbing our bags and leading us out to the truck.

Once Abel is secure in the backseat, I climb into the drivers seat and turn the key in the ignition.

Jax hops onto his bike and the engine roars to life. He waits for me to pull out of the driveway so he can follow us to the compound.

I pull into the lot and it's packed. After finding a place to park, I unbuckle Abel from his car seat and Jax joins us.

He's grabbing the bags from the bed of the truck when Juice jogs over. "Everyone's in." He says.

"Kay, good. Lock it down." Jax tells him before leading me inside the clubhouse.

The main room is filled with members and their families. Before long Tig speaks up, focusing everyone's attention on Clay.

"I want to welcome you all to Club Reaper." Clay calls out from the head of the room. "I'm glad you made your reservations early 'cause, as you can see, we are booked to capacity."

I sway Abel back and forth on my hip as we listen to Clay's words. "You're here because you're family and because SAMCRO takes care of its own. Next couple of days, this club's got some business to handle that could put our members and the people connected to us in unfriendly situations."

He pauses, looking over the faces in the crowd before continuing. "Now, chances are nothing's going to happen, but people have already been hurt on my watch." Clay pulls Gemma tighter against his side and his eyes lock with mine. "And that ain't ever going to happen again. Nobody gets in. Nobody leaves without an escort."

"You got a safety concern, you talk to Piney." My father raises his rifle in acknowledgement.

"You got a comfort concern, you talk to my queen or our princess." I smile, shaking my head at the nickname I've had since I was born.