1. L o s t & F o u n d

Like I'm Going To Lose You by Megan Trainor
***

The rain continued to fall. Each drop continued to soak me to the bone. I shivered involuntarily and wrapped my arms tighter around my body. The ground was hard, I couldn't feel my bottom because of it, and I had absolutely no idea where I was.

Great. How awesome was this? I had no extra clothes, no food, no money, and absolutely no shelter.

As I studied the wet sidewalk, my thoughts drifted to the past.

"Out! Get out and never come back!" I knew I must obey or I would probably be killed. And by my own father. But my mind hinged on the words: never come back.

"W-what do y-you mean? N-never come back?" I carefully took a step back from my angered father.

He stomped towards me and harshly grabbed my ear. "You have disgraced me for the last time!" I whimpered in pain as he dragged me from the training room to the porch. "I am sick and tired of your uselessness and I forbid you to ever coming back. Now, begone!"

Tears poured out of my eyes. I wanted to plead another chance. I wanted to stay. I have never been outside of this house and the world outside was a scary unknown. But I knew, no matter how much I pleaded, my father was not going to budge. I obeyed my father and slowly made my way outside of the Hyuga gate. The rain was only sprinkling at this time.

I would probably never again see my father or my sister.

I wiped the tears that has unknowingly sprang threw. "Why must I-I be so weak?" I couldn't hold back and I let out a sob. Why? I placed my head in between my knees and continued to cry, the sobs racked throughout my body. The rain made its water indistinguishable from my tears. I'm only good for crying.

I wiped my face as best as I could and stood up. I was not just going to sit here and cry. I knew I had to find shelter, water, and food or I was never going to make it. I took a deep breath and started running.

I, in all of the sixteen years of my life, have I ever stepped out of the Hyuga compound. I didn't know where I was going, but I absolutely did not want to back.

I forgot how long I was running for, but my legs began to ache and exhaustion was taking over me. I was still stuck in what looked like a town (at least from what I've read in books) and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was going in circles.

My life is a mess.

I saw a corner up ahead and I ran to turn. I felt myself collide into something and the force propelled me backwards. I felt my head hit the edge of the sidewalk and the last thing I saw before I blacked out was blonde hair and the color orange.

~~~

Sunlight beamed in through my eyelids making me groan. My head was pounding and my legs were quite sore. I heard nothing, which was unusual because the maids and other residents of the Hyuga compound were all hustle and bustle in the morning.

I cracked open one eye and saw a different ceiling than I usually wake up to. It was a light grey while mine is a light lavender. Where the heck was I?

I fully opened both eyes and sat up. I looked around to see an orange room with a closed closet, a dresser with photos I couldn't make out from here, and the bed I was lying on. I looked down to see myself in my undergarments and a big T-Shirt.

Then it hit me: I wasn't home.

The memories came rushing back and I bit my lip to keep it from quivering and to keep me from crying. I stopped biting as soon as I tasted the metallic sting of blood.