Chapter 11

Tiffany's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the studio. Baylee stood in front of me, stretching, preparing to try out. She was so naiive, had no clue who she was up against.

Right then, an idea popped in my head. A devious, kniving idea that would no doubt crush her. I only had to time it correctly.

******************

Baylee's P.O.V.

I tried to avoid Tiffany as much as possible once the rest of the dancers had filed in. She kept glancing over at me with a wicked look on her face, one that made me shiver. What was she planning?

"Guys and dolls, are we ready?" Chloe called, snapping her fingers as the stereo started playing a remixed pop song.

Everyone nodded. I took one deep breath, and focused on the steps Chloe laid out. They were difficult as expected, but nothing I couldn't tackle after a couple tries.

Dancers were cut down one by one by Chloe and two other resident dancers as the beat kept on. Ten minutes in, and over half of the crowd had been cut. Among the remaining few were me, a girl in my second period, and Tiffany. I only stopped my feet when Chloe called attention back to the front.

"Those left, we're going to start the solos now to really see who is Elite material, and who doesn't make the cut! You'll have three minutes to dance your heart out, and  when all finish, we'll choose five dancers to join the crew. First up, Tiffany Clark!"

TIffany sauntered up to the front, hips swaying. Her hot pink shorts barely covered her ass, I almost exptected them to rip when she moved.

Her routine began like any other would, she seemed calm and collected. No doubt she was a good dancer, and her dance was flawless. I wondered to myself how long she'd been dancing, her talent was making my palms sweat. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this after all.

Dancer after dancer were called, and my heart sped up with each name called. Finally I heard Chloe say, "Baylee Thompson!". She seemed a mile away.

I walked to the front, and began to lay out the routine I choreographed for my old team. I canceled everything out around me, and focused on the steps, and my reflection in the mirror.

About a minute in, my worst mightmare came true. I began a triple pirouette, and coming down the second time, my foot hit slipped across something, and both came out from under me. I landed hard on the ground, shocked. I had never, ever, in all my years of dancing, fallen during a routine. Seconds ticked by, and I sat there, willing myself to get up. Finally my feet followed my head, and I pulled myself off the ground. People around me clapped, as I laid eyes on a tube of lipstick, a few feet to my right. Behind me, I heard Tiffany snicker. That tube was hers, she'd tried to sabatoge my dance! No way she was dragging me down, I was a fighter, not a door mat.

When all the dancers finished their dances, Chloe and the others went into a back office to discuss the results. I was convinced there was no way I could make it now, after I fell. In anger, I stormed over to Tiffany.

"What the hell was that about?!" I whisper-yelled in her face. No need to have the Elite hear.

"Hmm, what do you mean, Bay?" She fake-questioned, tilting her head to the side and smiling.  I could have slapped that smile off of her face.

"You know damn well what you did, Red. Don't think you're getting away with it." I said, inches from her face, before walking away.

*******

"The results are as follows! If you hear your name, come to the front. If not, I'm very sorry, there's always another shot!" Chloe called. This was it, time for my fate to be determined.