Chapter 3

{Alexis POV}

I was singing to the radio in the backseat of the car while my mum laughed while driving.

"Mum how much longer till we get home?"

I asked mum for the hundredth time. We were just coming back from my friends birthday party and we had only been in the car for 15 minutes.

"A few more minutes Lexy."
My mother replied in her usual bubbly voice.

We were now on the highway driving in the speed limit when I saw a truck coming across to our road when they were going the other way. I screamed thinking I would die and at that point my mother had seen the truck coming too.

My mum tried to speed up to miss the collision but there was no way to miss the truck. I was screaming and crying just waiting for the collision when I heard my mothers voice.

"Alexis sweetie I love you so much and I love your dad to so right now I need you to stay calm and trust me okay?"
I only nodded in response.

"I love you so much and after this just make sure you stay the amazing girl you are now." My mum said.

I was about to respond with a 'I love you too' but it was to late.

I was screaming and crying from the sudden impact from the truck that made our car start rolling of the road. It felt like we were rolling forever but once we stopped I saw something a 8 year old should never see in her life.

My mother was sitting dead on her seat with blood goosing from every bit of her body. Her eyes closed and her skin pale.

"MUM!"

I woke up gasping for breath from the nightmare I have every night. I was covered in sweat and had tears leaking from my eyes.

I looked at my clock to see it was 6:04 am I still had 1 hour till I had to be up and another 1 hour till I had to be at school. I dragged my body out of my bed and went to the bathroom which was connected to my room. I looked in the mirror to see without a surprise me looking like a mess. My hair looked like a birds nest, big bags under my eyes and I had dried drool on the side of my mouth.

Without a hesitation I took of my clothes, put the water on in the shower and hopped in the shower. The water was freezing at first but a few seconds it warmed up and was now the nice hot temperature I wanted it to be. Some people have their showers cold to wake them up but for me I have mine hot and for some weird reason it wakes me up quicker.

After I did my usually bathroom routine I got changed into my oversized nerd clothes which for today was, sweat pants, and oversized Mickey Mouse jumper and the usual fake greasy hair in a messy bun and my bolky black fake glasses.

Once I got changed and packed the books I needed for today I went downstairs and started cooking breakfast for my dad. Once that was over I realised I had 20 minutes until I had to be at school. Wow I was in the shower for a long time.

I grabbed a apple from the fruit bowl, put my ugly old runners on, slung my bag over my shoulder and started my trip to hell. Yeahhh!!! (Note the sarcasm)

I wonder if Jake, Oscar, Hunter, Kyle, Zain and Blake will recognise me?
I mean I did have my natural hair out and not my wig but what if they realised?
I may have had my normal badass clothes on but they could recognise my eyes or something?
What if my voice they remember and then they'll figure out who I am?

All these thoughts and questions were going through my mind when I realised I was already at the school. I checked the time and saw it was 8:40 am and school starts at 9 am. With 20 minutes to spare I get out my phone and started texting Nathan. Nathan is my coach kinda. He is the one who finds out when and where my next street fight/race is. But not only that he is one of my closest friends.