Chapter 3

Naomi POV
My new "master" chuckled at me as he walked to my side. My mouth was slightly agape, the mansion I was looking at could easily pass as a small castle.

"Do you like it?" He asks, smirking at me.

"It's ok, I've seen better." I crossed my arms and tried to seem indifferent.

"Come on, my pet." He said with a smile.

I stood still, not wanting to go with him. "Let's go." I jumped at the commanding tone he used.

I dropped my arms and followed after him.

A butler opened the door for us as soon as "the lord" reached for the doorknob.

"Good afternoon Sir Knightguard." He nodded at us and stepped to the side. "The lord" ushered me in before him.

The butler closed the front door and walked away. "What's your name?" I ask the lord, "Because I'm not about to call you master."

"My name is Aiden Knightguard." He said simply, "You sure have quite the attitude, don't you?"

I nodded, "Is that a problem because if it is you might as well kill me now."

"I'll show you to your room." Aiden said, completely ignoring me. "So it's not a problem then." I followed him, turning to look at the countless things on the walls as I passed by.

Aiden stopped by a dark oak wood door with intricate carvings all over it. He grasped the handle and pushed the door open. He motioned for me to enter.

I walked in to the room. The first thing I noticed was the large queen sized bed in the middle of the room. It had a beautiful black and silver bedspread on it, matching the curtains on the far wall, most likely hiding four big windows.

There was black bedside tables on either side of the bed, both adorning lamps. Against the windows was a long oak desk with a comfy looking chair tucked under.

A rocking chair sat on the right side of the bed. On the left were two doors. I walked into the first door that wasn't far off from the door we entered through.

It was a very large closet filled with lingerie, shoes, and other random clothing. On one of the walls sat a make-up table with all the make-up essentials I would ever need.

   "The maids picked out all the clothing and makeup, so I'm not sure what's there."

   I nodded in understanding. I walked out of the closet and into the next door that was right across from the entrance door, on the back wall, on the left side of the bed. I now stood in a huge bathroom.

There was a large jacuzzi tub with candles placed perfectly around it, bath salt packages lay scattered amongst them.

There was a long two sink counter running along the far wall. Straight across from the bathtub, on the right side, was a walk in shower that wrapped around to give privacy.

I walked out of the spacious bathroom, back into the bedroom.

Aiden was sitting on the edge of the bed smirking at me, "Do you like it?" I shrugged, "I guess it will do." "Good, let's get you some food."

I followed him out the door and down a few more hallways, into the kitchen. He called over a maid and told her to prepare me something.

"Thank you." I smiled as she put a bowl of hot, steamy soup in front of me. The maid nodded and walked off. I realized how hungry I was as I took my first bite.

My eyes widened at the delightful taste, all I've ate for the past few months were slices of bread and cheese.

I devoured the rest of the soup quickly, asking for seconds. "You're really hungry aren't you?" Aiden asked.

"No, I'm just being polite." I said sarcastically.

"I don't think you know how to be polite." He replied.

I shrugged and continued to eat. A few minutes later I finished the bowl and pushed it away.

"So what do you have up in this joint?" I asked while looking around and rubbing my hands together.

"Well I have a large garden out back and also a pool, if that's what you want to know."

I nodded. "There's a game room on the second floor, a large library on the third, a movie room down the hall from the game room, and I think that's all."

"It's getting dark, would you like to watch a movie?" He asked. "Sure, whatever." I scoffed. "Look, you need to watch the way to talk to me, I'm the master, you're the pet, not the other way around." He said, standing up and raising his voice.

I shrunk back at his sudden change of attitude. "Y-yes sir" I looked away from his glowing red eyes to the floor. "Good, now let go watch a movie." His attitude shifting from murderous to carefree once again.

That was really creepy, it felt like someone took control over my mouth and forced me to reply those words. Oh well, what can you do about that?