Chapter 8

I was in the gardens outside of the mansion, sitting in the grass reading a book.

   I hear rustling behind me, hands cover my eyes.

   "Guess who." A voice I haven't heard in forever said.

   I laughed and pried My brother's hands off of my face, "You have one of the most annoying voices ever, so how could I not know it was you?"

   "Touché my little sister touché."

   I picked up the book I dropped and laid down in the soft grass. I felt Damian lay down beside me and wrap his arm around me in a half hug.

   "You're so pretty, you know that? You've grown up so much since I last saw you."

   I laughed at his words, "I think not." His voice was drowned out by a whooshing sound. I shook my head, trying to rid of it. Now he was shouting, but all I heard were muffled sounds calling out to me. "Damian! D-don't leave me again!" I shouted out to the fading figure.

   "-omi, wake up, Naomi."

   I slowly blinked my eyes open, I covered my eyes with my hands when the blinding light seeped in. I felt the tears that were pooled in my eyes and the wet streaks running down my cheeks.

   I felt my wrist cuffs being unlocked. I pulled my hands away from my eyes and rubbed at my wrists.

   Aiden was standing over me, holding his hand out for me to grab. I reached for it but a sharp pain kept me from standing.

   Aiden was at my side as soon as I cried out in pain. He grabbed my arms and hooked them around his neck and settled his arms around my lower back to support me as he stood. He tried his best not to touch my wounds.

   "Let's get your back cleaned up."

   He took me to the infirmary and tended to me. He shooed the doctors away when they tried to help. There goes that motherly thing he does again.

   "This is going to hurt so I need you to lay on your stomach."

   I slowly turned around on the bed I was sitting on and laid down on my stomach.

   Aiden began to gently apply disinfectant to my back, and I would be lying if I didn't say it hurt like shit. I bit into the pillow that my face was smooshed in. This is probably one of the worst injuries I've ever had in my life.

   "I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." Aiden said, before pouring alcohol onto my back.

   "Shit! You couldn't use peroxide, or something that hurts less?" I barely managed to get out.

   "The worst part is over now."

   Aiden proceeded to clean up my back and wrap my whole midsection with gauze.

   "I think I did a pretty good job of fixing you up."

   "Can I have some food, please."

   "Oh, right!"

   Aiden picked me up and carried me to the dining room. He sat me in his seat and went into the kitchen to find food.